EPC: C by 2030...prepare

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EPC: C by 2030...prepare

Anyone with a property unlikely to make a C by 2030, might want to get one before the end of 2019. Assuming you can scrape a 'D' now, you then can let your property freely for the next ten years.

'But what happens in 2030, JK0?' you ask.

Well then, your 2019 EPC will have expired, and there will be no way of proving that your property is not a 'C'. You can continue to let it until your existing tenant moves out, and do any upgrades then.

Have they announced the target then? Can see it coming regardless.

No drama here, B88

Comment

Mines only an E and has everything done that's reasonable, double glazing, condensing boiler, trvs, programmers etc, loft insulation, led lighting.
      the only thing left is internal or external insulation, big bucks!
      Solid walled semi built 1903 with a cellar.

Comment

Moy, have you got any open fires left? Put a fire basket & some logs in there, and you may get some points for 'biomass secondary heating'.

Comment

There is a wood burner stove in the lounge, 10 KW iirc . I don't recall it mentioned in the EPC report ,I'll have to dig the report out and look. The EPC was done prior to us buying the house 2 years ago (the house that is) the EPC expires early next year. The dining room has an open fireplace but is capped off at the stack.
          all other chimneys are covered up and capped off too.

Comment

Originally posted by Moy View Post
            There is a wood burner stove in the lounge, 10 KW iirc . I don't recall it mentioned in the EPC report ,I'll have to dig the report out and look. The EPC was done prior to us buying the house 2 years ago (the house that is) the EPC expires early next year. The dining room has an open fireplace but is capped off at the stack.
            all other chimneys are covered up and capped off too.
            Dont need to dig it out, you can search by Postcode here https://www.epcregister.com/reportSe...yPostcode.html

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Moy View Post
                Thank you.
                No problem.

You can also use the postcode search to check our the ratings of neighbouring properties to see how they sit etc... Its quite interesting! (But then I am a bit of an eco geek, and also reside/post on a number of eco building/passivehaus websites)

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X