Any recommendations for office chairs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any recommendations for office chairs?

I rent a flat out to new students and the office chairs ( which were there when I acquired the flat) need replacing as they are old. Can anyone recommend a good brand/ model? I was going to go with John Lewis but they have a 6 week wait. Thank you.

Saw the title and headed in to recommend a Steelcase leap.. Then saw its for student flats.
    Get something cheap with a warranty of some sorts, budget on replacing them annually. At change over give it a go with a decent carpet cleaner/VAX if no rips.. If any damage then its replacement time.

Or dont provide chairs, they can supply their own..

Comment

Thanks Sam. I’d like to get something which is decent though as the students can be sat at those chairs for hours and I like to think the chair won’t cause discomfort or musculoskeletal problems.

Comment

IKEA. I was looking at buying myself an expensive office chair, found the John Lewis ones didnt suit me so went to IKEA to try one I'd seen recommended as almost as good but a lot cheaper and actually ended up with an even cheaper one that seemed more comfortable to me.

If they want a gaming chair they buy their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Lots on View Post
          Thanks Sam. I’d like to get something which is decent though as the students can be sat at those chairs for hours and I like to think the chair won’t cause discomfort or musculoskeletal problems.
          Thats a problem... I have a Herman Miller Mira that I love, and sometimes use for 10+ hours a day. Best chair ever. The other half cant stand it, even when adjusted it makes her uncomfortable fairly quickly.

Originally posted by buzzard1994 View Post
          IKEA. I was looking at buying myself an expensive office chair, found the John Lewis ones didnt suit me so went to IKEA to try one I'd seen recommended as almost as good but a lot cheaper and actually ended up with an even cheaper one that seemed more comfortable to me.
          IKEA chairs are great, lots of choice for sensible money.
          We have some of the Amazon options at work, surprisingly comfortable
          https://www.amazon.co.uk/Office-Esse.../dp/B01N1V7E7U

Whatever you put in is likely to get trashed/dirty in most cases...

Comment

Thanks everyone and apologies for being offline for so long. In the end I went with Viking and got something mid range. I think they are ok, as long as the tenant is not significantly overweight. It was 5e convenience of fast turnover and convenient delivery times that swung it.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X