Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint colours

Hi Guys

I am planning to paint a flat and have been getting grief for painting magnolia apparently it’s a bit of a no no these days.

I just wondered if anybody could recommend a paint colour that would be good in a rental flat.

thanks

we pretty much did all ours magnolia or white, very neutral. however on the last one, which we let 12 months ago, the boss decided to go for shades of grey, not fifty, but two or three. I think it made the property look so much more modern and appealing. paint colours were nothing special or expensive, the paint came from b&q range

of course she let me almost finish the painting before she intervened .... and blamed it all on me for not consulting her - I keep forgetting she must be obeyed !!

Comment

On the trendy TV programmes it seems that light grey is the new magnolia. Next year it will probably go back to 'white with a hint of.....' (pick your own shade). Fashions come and go. (But plain white always seems to be popular).

Comment

Fashion wise grey is a bit old hat and white tends to be too stark. Have a look at F & B Pointing or Wimbourne White. A lot more up to date than magnolia. You can have them colour matched using Dulux trade but matt not silk finish and although not as nice a finish, they are quite good, although have to admit we use F & B at home.

Comment

I see lots of properties and have to guess the colour regularly. Magnolia/cream is still the most seen. White made a come back, but looks awful very quickly. Pale grey is still popular and, if done by a good decorator, looks nice. But the nicest places are painted in what I can only describe as a 'soft white' - possibly the paint Jon66 names.

Every property, flat or large house, that is painted in a version of it looks and feels very 'live inable' and they all look good at the end of teancy to (2 - 3 years later at least). If I were renting I'd probably choose that!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X