German hobs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German hobs

I think I just made an expensive mistake. I ordered a nice 2nd hand Miele hob from this ebay store in Germany. Looking more closely at it, the lead has a plug with 11(!) connections in it, and I can't see any controls on the hob itself. I get the impression that hobs in German homes have a separate control panel somewhere, which this thing plugs into.

Am I correct?
    Follow kochfeldhandel on eBay. Buying, Selling, Collecting on eBay has never been more exciting!

Was that an impulse buy JKO?

Just check - when you get power to it that the controls maybe on the right hand side - you swipe them as on a phone or tablet. You may have to rewire the hob to British standards or maybe there is a conversion kit somewhere?

I've recently put in a similar looking one from Howdens and controls are at the side under the glass.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Thanks Interlaken.

Oh, well I try to keep a spare hob, and fitted my spare one last week. Even 2nd hand Miele hobs in the UK are several hundred pounds, so this one at 86 Euros seemed a bargain.

I would not know how to wire this hob without a diagram. All the wires in the plug are the same colour!

Have a look at the other ones on that shop. They are all like that.

Comment

Agree it was a good price for that brand. Just had a look online at 'wiring in German hobs/ovens' and it seem that the 3 phase they use is a problem to us here in the UK.

If you could get the thing to bits just get a sparks to rewire it from the start to suit our 240V with a 3 pin plug on it. Could be worth the cost of an hours labour.

Comment

I've seen the user manual for a similar hob - the controls are on the oven and the hob plugs into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted.E.Bear View Post
            I've seen the user manual for a similar hob - the controls are on the oven and the hob plugs into it.
            Thanks Ted E Bear. That's interesting.

Comment

You just need to buy the oven now JKO.

Comment

Originally posted by Interlaken View Post
                You just need to buy the oven now JKO.
                Ha ha. I did consider that, but I'd be stuck buying German cooking items for ever more. Sadly the hob went to Reading tip on Monday.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X