Tree roots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tree roots

My tenant must have given my number to a neighbour as I received a message as follows

" Hello the tree roots from your tree at 125 is pushing up my block paving and pavement, can you get back to me"

​​​​​​My first thought was to report to my insurance, then I thought, no it's the neighbours responsibility to cut the roots back

Any input would be appreciated

The neighbour is entitled to cut back the roots to their property border (although this might kill or weaken the tree).
    The neighbour may try and recover the costs from you.

It's your trees and it's causing the neighbour damage.
    I'd get someone to have a look at it sharpish.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

A friend recently had similar with a neighbours tree close to her wall swaying in the wind and damaging/pushing over a section of the wall.

It's the tree owners responsibility to pay for any damage caused by that tree, the neighbour claimed for the repairs on their insurance.

Comment

You will get more advice on roots than you probably want here: https://www.gardenlaw.co.uk/phpBB2/v...80640f405013b0

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X