Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EPC for a different property registered against my address

Complicated....

I had the distinct impression that my EPC (F rating) was wrong as it referred to solid walls, oil heating and single glazing, whereas my property has cavity walls, gas heating, double glazing and a 'D' rating according to the sales brochure. I have tried to address the anomalies with the DEA who maintains that his assessment is correct and all that was recorded at the time of the assessment was as seen and nothing could be done. His remedy was that I commission a new EPC to reflect changes/improvements and that he did not have access to his site notes. I raised a formal complaint with the accreditation scheme who, within less than 2 hours, decided to support the DEA.

Unhappy with the outcome of the complaints process, I started to dig and found that the EPC registered against my address is for a completely different property and supersedes the correct EPC for my property. After much investigation and with help from the selling agent, I have discovered that exactly the same EPC as the one registered against my property is also registered against the property to which it in fact relates.

It appears that the DEA, soon after lodging his EPC, realised his mistake and 2 days later lodged the correct EPC against the correct property but sadly neglected to remove his erroneous EPC from my property.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to how I get this corrected? Thanks in advance.

Maybe the person who originally did your correct EPC can help?

Comment

Thanks :@JK0 . Apologies if I have not tagged you correctly. The assessor who did the original EPC has indeed helped me to piece together what probably happened. No solutions offered by the original DEA or the rogue DEA. It's not the orginal DEA's problem as he as done nothing wrong. To my mind it is all on the subsequent DEA for registering an EPC against the wrong property. I appear to be at the mercy of the accreditation scheme who have cited some spurious and arbitrary 2 year window for amendments - I cannot find anything related to 2 years within the scheme rules or legislation.

Comment

I think if this bothers you, maybe pay £45 for another EPC. It's annoying, but hardly worth suing anyone over.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X