• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baldelectrician
    started a topic HIP Replacements - Home Reports

HIP Replacements - Home Reports

The HIP Replacement is going to hit the streets in Scotland on 1st Dec 2008

The HOME REPORT will be mandatory, and will be more detailed than the basic HIP.

Scottish Home Report govt website

Have not found a sample report or sample questionaire yet

• hip-consultant.co.uk
    replied
    I have being looking into the prospect of Home Reports futher and asked for futher clarification. I am starting to visit this board more regular though will be posting on my blog as well.

Leave a comment:

• hip-consultant.co.uk
    replied
    Originally posted by baldelectrician View Post
    The HIP Replacement is going to hit the streets in Scotland on 1st Dec 2008

The HOME REPORT will be mandatory, and will be more detailed than the basic HIP.

Scottish Home Report govt website

Have not found a sample report or sample questionaire yet
    I have included a link for you baldelecrtician for the sample questionnaire. It seems nice and simple and informative, with good relevant questions to home buyers.

Will we see ammends to our HIP once the Home report is implemented?

The Scottish have sat back, watched and learnt.

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

• New EPC is nonsense
    JK0
    I don't know whether to be happy or sad about the recent EPC I've received. I bet mine's the only flat in England with storage heaters scoring a B!

My tenant who was there for nine years used about 4000 day units and 4000 night units per year. In the year I have been pottering around repairing...
    25-06-2019, 11:47 AM
  • Reply to New EPC is nonsense
    dazwalsh
    In my experience, half the tenants dont know what an EPC is, the other half couldn't give a monkeys.
    04-07-2019, 22:25 PM
  • Problems with Re-roof
    mgt
    I own a Victorian terrace BTL which had a knackered slate roof. I accepted an estimate from a contractor recommended by the managing agent for a re-roof. The estimate drew attention to a number of changes eg a dry, maintenance free joint on the ridge tiles, use of substitute lead flashing. The work...
    18-06-2019, 04:36 AM
  • Reply to Problems with Re-roof
    Interlaken
    Does anyone roof in Welsh slate these days except mainly on listed buildings? I have had experience of Chinese slate in the 1980's ( irregular thickness) and synthetic slate which is pretty good IMO. Marley moderns are heavy and do check out your joists but the closed ridge system that can be fitted...
    03-07-2019, 10:48 AM
    buzzard1994
    Many years since I reroofed a slate roof - but I used artificial slate then, Welsh slate was ridiculously expensive and therefore only likely to used for listed buildings. The old slates certainly had value. If the tiles are too heavy and the roof needs to be stripped fibre cement slates are light.and...
    01-07-2019, 21:56 PM
    tlangdon12
    I wanted to write something more about how to remedy the situation:

Best approach to remedying the situation is likely to be get the structural report done asap, if the tiles are too heavy, negotiate with the contractor to strip the roof and install the correct slates. I expect you will...
    30-06-2019, 18:41 PM
    tlangdon12
    Bluebonnie's warning is important and useful. If the roof isn't strong enough for the new tiles, you probably have a claim against the roofing contractor under the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. As this requires the goods to be fit for their purpose AND the service to be done with reasonable...
    30-06-2019, 18:23 PM
    JK0
    Oh, that's an interesting explanation Blinko. You mean that the flat is big enough for three people, so the energy cost mentioned on the EPC is per person? That's a bit mad though, isn't it? ...
    26-06-2019, 18:24 PM
    blinko
    I don't forget these things are theoretical so a one bedroom flat might theoretically in a calculation terms be two people where is reality could be one for two bedroom it could be two adults and two small children
    26-06-2019, 18:19 PM
    JK0
    Thanks Sam. That is interesting. Even two neighbours on my landing with gas heating only manage a C.

I think I'll just have to tell prospective tenants that the EPC is a load of coblers, and to take the three year cost to be one year.
    25-06-2019, 19:32 PM
Working...
X