More builder's bungles to repair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't get the sparkle one as it comes off (the sparkle) with aggressive cleaning.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm not sure I'd be able to seal a plastic panel to surrounding tiles successfully. Any way, it's done with tiles now.

Comment

Just finished re-tiling that boxing, which was awkward. Now I have to cut an inspection panel in the cement board that will go on the side of the bath.

Comment

Here's today's progress. You can see a square four-tile access panel near the bath waste.

Comment

Hope you don't have any issues that you need to get under bath that's not a big area to get arms hands in and try and reach taps etc

Comment

Originally posted by Gandolf View Post
              Hope you don't have any issues that you need to get under bath that's not a big area to get arms hands in and try and reach taps etc
              Thanks Gandolf.

Yeah, I thought about that. The tap is mounted on the wall, so the only thing I need to reach is the U-bend to unscrew below the bath.

Comment

Now I am working on the ensuite shower room. This had the water pooling both in the shower & the basin due to the waste pipes running uphill!

The waste pipe from the basin runs along below two sides of the shower tray, so it was impossible to get in there to lift it up. I cut a length of timber stud work to the width of the shower tray and pushed it under the pipe. Then twisting it through 90 degrees, I was able to lift up the pipe.

Comment

Also, there is more of that plywood boxing to replace behind the WC. I think I have enough aquapanel offcuts not to need to buy any more though.

Comment

Just finished building the new frame for the aquapanel to go on. Can you believe I had to assemble it out of square, so that it fitted the edge of the remaining tiles?

Made a small bungle myself this morning. I was drilling the back wall to attach that horizontal stud, and water started pouring out of the hole!

I had drilled through the cold supply to the wc!

Comment

Just finished cutting out the cement board and fixing it in place. I think I may need to trim my timber frame a little more to get the wc in.

Comment

JK0 I am in awe of your DIY skills. I wish I had such abilities. I have booked myself into a one day plumbing course to cover some of the basics of household plumbing. Can I ask how you acquired your skills?

Comment

Thanks Lots on. That's kind of you. Various sources.

1.) Practice, and having the jobs thrust upon me by my rental properties. When I started around 1997, there were no Polish plumbers, and you could not get a plumber for love nor money. Hence I had to learn plumbing. This was not so difficult as I already knew how to solder printed circuits.

2.) Did you ever see a satellite channel called TLC? There used to be a lot of American DIY shows, such as 'Hometime', New Yankee Workshop, This Old House, Ron Hazelton's House Calls and Bob Vila's Home Again. I loved these and found them fascinating. Hometime was where I learnt about tiling.

3.) Also I must pay homage to my woodwork teacher Fred Meek at Clifton College when I was a lad.

4.) Helpful friends here on Landlordzone.

Comment

I got the tiles put back on that boxing on Thursday, which was a bit of a Chinese puzzle. I'm delaying putting the toilet back until I get a new shower waste to install, as access is awkward.

Comment

Ttrihanks JK0. I haven't tried polish Plumbers maybe thatst where I'm going wrong

Comment

Sorry again my phone is glitching. Im determined to gain some autonomy while not kidding myself I'll ever be self reliant in DIY. Looking forward to the plumbing course. I'm actually surprised there aren't more " DiY/ home repairs for landlords" type courses. Maybe it's to do with safety and the legalities.
                                I don't have satellite TV but have found intersinter and useful stuff in YouTube.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                                X