land registry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

land registry

I am 4 months into buying a house that has an area of land not on the deeds. Possession has been applied for and rejected through sellers solicitors errors and has been reapplied for. Communication between solicitors is extremely bad and I am having constant calls from estate agent asking where we are at.
    Am I allowed to contact land registry to ask if notice period has gone out or how long we have left to wait? Its been 5 weeks already I just need to know if its being looked at etc. Thank you

You should try to contact the LR office which serves the town or city where the property is located and speak to the registration team leader.

Comment

Not sure the Land Registry will talk to you as it is not your application.

Estate agents can be a real pain. I know one firm of solicitors which has its switchboard programmed to shunt all calls from local estate agents to their voicemail.

Comment

To be fair though, it's not normally the Estate Agent on their own inclination but they rather enquire because the vendor is pushing them...

Comment

mattl,

Possibly. More likely to be because the negotiator has targets to meet. Chasing as a matter of course rarely achieves anything. All it does is waste conveyancer's time and stop them getting on and doing conveyancing - hence the diversion as mentioned above.

I had one case where both seller and buyer were employees of the firm. The agent contacted the seller and said the buyer was threatening to pull out and contacted the buyer saying the seller was threatening to pull out if contracts were not exchanged quickly. Buyer and seller each set to the other's room to ask what was going on and then had a good laugh when they realised that the agent had made it all up.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X