Delayed in nominations - Freehold Purchase.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delayed in nominations - Freehold Purchase.

Hi There,
    we (5 leaseholders) have been late in sending the nominations to freeholder within given 2 months time as freeholder went into administration and appointed administrators are selling the freehoild. we did sent back the offer acceptance notice within time but couldn't set up a company within time to buy the freehold under company name, 1987 Act Sec 5A. Freeholder administrators now refusing to sell us and saying they are selling to some one else. They received the company details about 7-10 days late.
    We don't want to miss the opportunity to buy the freehold of our block hence need some advice how to go about it now.
    Thanks.

You missed the deadline. It’s unlikely that the FTT-PC will support the sale to you, and even so will take some time to arrange a determination, so your options are

1 negotiate- after all they can only sell it at the price offered
    2 exercise the right to buy under the 87 Act or right to enfranchise under the 93 Act.

You have the people and the company ready so off you go.
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• CPO indemnity
      by Muji84
      Hi all,

Looking for some guidance on a mortgage that I am going through,

I own a property outright and my mortgage company noticed there is an CPO order showing on land registry from the 1980s and requires myself/solicitors to purchase a cpo indemnity policy to protect itself....
      10-08-2022, 20:43 PM
    • Reply to CPO indemnity
      by Muji84
      The date on the land registry is the 23.02.1983.

I only found our about the charge when going through the mortgage.

I suspect (and I could be 100% wrong) that as I brought the house cash only, there were no mortgage conditions etc the convayoncer would have to meet in order...
      12-08-2022, 09:44 AM
    • Reply to CPO indemnity
      by Lawcruncher
      That is not making sense. If the CPO dates back to the 1980s no way would it have been registered after October 2021. In the unlikely event it was you would have been given written notice. Have a look at the relevant entry on the register. At the start in brackets is a date. What is it?...
      12-08-2022, 08:42 AM
    • Reply to CPO indemnity
      by Muji84
      Hi lawcruncher

I brought the property in October 2021, my conveyancer mentioned recently that at that time "there was no cpo revealed in the searches to make this necessary" I was asking if they purchased a cpo indemnity policy

The CPO is showing on land registry....
      12-08-2022, 08:08 AM
    • problems with a freeholder
      by D P Dance
      I am selling ne of my properties.

The sale is being held up as the freeholder, (Homeground), is refusing to provie information to my solicitor which has been requested by my buyer's solicittor as the ground rent is outstanding.

I pay the ground rent monthly along with my...
      10-08-2022, 09:58 AM
    • Reply to problems with a freeholder
      by D P Dance
      No ground rent is owing, it is paid monthly with the service charges to the HA. The buyer is aware of the nature of the HA and the freeholder as thy already own a flat in the lock....
      11-08-2022, 14:19 PM
    • Reply to CPO indemnity
      by Lawcruncher
      The first and important point to make is that a CPO must be exercised within 3 years. There may be some doubt about precisely when the 3 years starts, but there can surely be no doubt that a CPO made in the 1980s is now a dead letter. Either it was never exercised or, if it was, it related to a part...
      11-08-2022, 09:07 AM
      by Section20z
      It's not just ground rent, if freeholder refuses to answer LPE1 enquiries it should raise a big red flag for any buyer.
      11-08-2022, 08:10 AM
      by Gordon999
      Do you know how much ground rent is owing ?

You could make an offer to buyer's solicitor for a retention £1000 to cover any ground rent owing before sale date . Retention held by Seller's solicitor for one year....
      10-08-2022, 17:55 PM
    • Reply to DIY Conveyancing process for an informal lease extension.
      by madasafish
      An update and a big thank-you to all the learned people here who took the time to answer my posts and guided me through this exercise. I was delighted to be notified by Land Registry three days ago the application was successfull and the registry has been updated. No ID2 or ID5 was included in the application...
      09-08-2022, 06:14 AM
    Working...
    X