• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeffrey
    replied
    Originally posted by Colin Mustard View Post
    ^
    Jeffrey, would 6 weeks be okay, if the seller agrees? As, I thought 4 weeks was the max
    As there's no legal problem and so no maximum, six weeks would be OK- but make sure that V insures until completion AND has told insurer that property is vacant.

Leave a comment:

• Colin Mustard
    replied
    ^
    Jeffrey, would 6 weeks be okay, if the seller agrees? As, I thought 4 weeks was the max

Leave a comment:

• jeffrey
    replied
    Perhaps "one month" was so as to comply with insurance requirements? Many policies rule out cover if property vacant for > 4 wks (unless policyholder notifies insurer).

Leave a comment:

• attilathelandlord
    replied
    You can have as much or as little time as you like between exchange and completion but most lenders need at least one week to complete paperwork and allow the solicitor to draw down funds.

Don't forget that f you leave completion for a while after exchnage then all searches and mortgage offers must be current at time of completion. Most mortgage offers expire after 3/6 months.

Leave a comment:

• Colin Mustard
    started a topic Completion Date Time Scale?

Completion Date Time Scale?

About to exchange on a buy to let, vendor has told me, I can have any date within the next 2months, as the property is empty.

I was told, 4 weeks is the max you can have it at, is this right?

Many Thanks,

Colin

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Joint ownership swap on properties
    by Gordon999
    If one of the 50:50 properties happens to be the "private residence" of other family member , you should allow in the swap that he receives the other 50% of the private residence ( to make up 100% ownership.)

Private residence is relevant after property sale for claiming...
    16-05-2022, 08:41 AM
  • Joint ownership swap on properties
    by space cowboy
    We have several rented out properties which we have inherited and have been left in Joint 50/50 ownership with another family member, We want to continue renting out but the other family member wants to sell his share.

We have been told by our accountant we can swap properties of even value...
    13-05-2022, 14:16 PM
  • Carpeting Breach on purchase
    by Stevo h
    Hello
    we are on the final stages of purchasing a flat which was purpose built 3 years ago by a prestige developer to a high standard with lift nice kitchen fancy doors and windows.
    When reading the lease we noticed that it mentions about bedroom and hallway needed to have underlay and...
    13-05-2022, 09:42 AM
  • Reply to Carpeting Breach on purchase
    by AndrewDod
    I'd probably pull out if you don't want to carpet it....
    15-05-2022, 18:21 PM
    by Stevo h
    So basically I cannot fight it without paying a big bill.
    so only choice is to pull out and face a big bill or pay for carpets Overton of nice flooring and paying again to have two doors trimmed.
    Tototally frustrated....
    15-05-2022, 17:14 PM
    by Stevo h
    Looks like all 20 properties were sold without a single person realising that the flooring was wood and not ├žarpet meaning every one was in breach of their lease from the start.
    And the developer who still owns properties there and is registered as the company running the show Newmans Yard Ltd,...
    15-05-2022, 16:58 PM
    by AndrewDod
    So you considered the contract that was being sold to you
    Accepted it
    Accepted a cash offer to make good and a rebate on purchase price

It is not a "bizarre" thing

> would the land lord need to take enforcement action against the whole 20 owners if...
    15-05-2022, 11:41 AM
    by Stevo h
    After I noticed it and pointed it out the seller contacted her solicitor and the while can of worms opened,
    the seller hit a brick wall with all her attempts of getting answers and finally offered a cash offer for us to complete the work.
    But I am not really keen on having doors trimming...
    15-05-2022, 11:29 AM
    by AndrewDod
    So when was the lease changed? You would have bought the lease from someone else. Leases don't just secretly change at the point of purchase. Nor do they change when the freeholder is changed.

Yes I can see on the photographs the wooden floors in their sales pack.

Why did your...
    15-05-2022, 08:57 AM
    by Stevo h
    We only signed 1 lease.
    15-05-2022, 08:24 AM
Working...
X