Body corporate - could there be a problem with the management?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body corporate - could there be a problem with the management?

Greetings all,

I am considering making an offer on a BTL property with a tenant already in-situ. The yield seems good and the tenant is in place for another six months. It is reported that it is being sold as the landlord wishes to reduce his portfolio. I have done some research and it seems that the following applied to the management company around April 2012:

DISS40 - Notice of striking-off action discontinued

I suspect that the vendor may be the developer and possibly also the management company. Does the above mean that the management company may have been in financial difficulties recently? and should this ring alarm bells for any potential purchaser?

Thanks all!

Matisti

You will have to get your conveyancer to make enquiries, but the probability is that it was about to be struck off for failure to file an annual return. It is not uncommon with management companies.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Who owns the loft space?
      poptwig
      Hi
      I am new to this site. I've looked around for an equivalent scenario to my situation but haven't found one. I hope someone can help and this question isn't repetition...
      I live in a ground floor, purpose-built, maisonette (North London). There is a first floor maisonette above mine....
      15-08-2011, 00:07 AM
    • Reply to Who owns the loft space?
      wfd_property
      Its really a question for a solicitor. I would query whether you have the loft demised to you, though.

Does the other freeholder have a power of attorney who could consent for him?...
      15-01-2018, 21:53 PM
    • Reply to Who owns the loft space?
      Vassena
      Hi,

I know this is an old post but I have a very similar question regarding the ownership of the loft space in our flat which is also a Victorian split conversion (with a share of the freehold). We own tthe top floor flat and are the only owners of the roof. The lease of the lower ground...
      15-01-2018, 11:58 AM
    • Easement granted for septic tank drainage
      cfaproperty
      This is one for Jeffrey or Lawcruncher - our neighbours have their septic tank drainage on our land and it is permitted in the deeds that they can maintain, repair and renew as necessary for which we have no challenges. The system is leaking effluent onto our land but beyond the system that is outlined...
      18-05-2013, 13:26 PM
    • Reply to Easement granted for septic tank drainage
      wfd_property
      Seems reasonable that it would so encompass.........
      13-01-2018, 12:22 PM
    • Filling first accounts for company
      pred02
      Hi,

My neighbor and I purchased the freehold for a split flat maisonette. We formed a company to own a share of freehold and need to file out first accounts. As it is two of us we do not use the company for trade, we do not pay ground rent or have a management company. Can we just classify...
      06-01-2018, 14:48 PM
    • Reply to Filling first accounts for company
      wfd_property
      You don't want a mistake here. The company has (presumably) two shareholders and a rather big asset.

Depending how you use it (are you proposing to open a bank account and pay in to a sinking fund each year?) the accounts need to be prepared properly, albeit that there may be only three...
      13-01-2018, 12:19 PM
    • Reply to Easement granted for septic tank drainage
      The buggles
      Hi .. does anyone know if an easement for emptying and repair of septic tank also encompasses replacement?
      thanks
      10-01-2018, 15:48 PM
      Gordon999
      Look for a shop offering book-keeping and VAT services and ask if they can help with first year filing returns to Companies House.

These shops serve small businesses and may be found in parade of shops in outer areas of the town. and will be cheaper than accountant....
      08-01-2018, 14:26 PM
      pred02
      Ok, it makes sense. Is it difficult for me to file the company accounts or do I need an accountant to do so? I do not have any other transactions logged in the name of the company. I think the building insurance is also purchased in the company name.

Thank you...
      07-01-2018, 14:25 PM
    Working...
    X