water leak from flat above

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

water leak from flat above

i have been having intermittent water leaking problems from the flat above for several years now. It has stopped at the moment but I dont know when it might start again- days, weeks, months??

my ceiling and walls are completely ruined. Does anybody know if there is a way for me to get compensation from their landlord? If I contact him, I am sure he will offer to fix the ceiling and wall paper, because that is what he done 2 years ago. However, I dont think his builders were well regulated and I also want money for the distress caused because of the landlord's lack of care in this matter.

any advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Originally posted by kooo View Post
    i have been having intermittent water leaking problems from the flat above for several years now. It has stopped at the moment but I dont know when it might start again- days, weeks, months??

my ceiling and walls are completely ruined. Does anybody know if there is a way for me to get compensation from their landlord? If I contact him, I am sure he will offer to fix the ceiling and wall paper, because that is what he done 2 years ago. However, I dont think his builders were well regulated and I also want money for the distress caused because of the landlord's lack of care in this matter.

any advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you
    Are both flats held on long leases or is one [or "are both"] let to occupier on AST?
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X