Form of Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form of Transfer

Can someone please explain what a "Form of Transfer" is?

Is this a legal process to transfer the freehold of a property to the lease holders?

Any advice welcome please!

Originally posted by charley1965 View Post
    Can someone please explain what a "Form of Transfer" is?

Is this a legal process to transfer the freehold of a property to the lease holders?

Any advice welcome please!
    It's a Deed for registration at HM Land Registry.
    Usually form TR1 if ownership is already registered and the title relates to just this one property.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• problems with a freeholder
        by D P Dance
        I am selling ne of my properties.

The sale is being held up as the freeholder, (Homeground), is refusing to provie information to my solicitor which has been requested by my buyer's solicittor as the ground rent is outstanding.

I pay the ground rent monthly along with my...
        10-08-2022, 09:58 AM
      • Reply to problems with a freeholder
        by Section20z
        It's not just ground rent, if freeholder refuses to answer LPE1 enquiries it should raise a big red flag for any buyer.
        11-08-2022, 08:10 AM
      • CPO indemnity
        by Muji84
        Hi all,

Looking for some guidance on a mortgage that I am going through,

I own a property outright and my mortgage company noticed there is an CPO order showing on land registry from the 1980s and requires myself/solicitors to purchase a cpo indemnity policy to protect itself....
        10-08-2022, 20:43 PM
      • Reply to problems with a freeholder
        by Gordon999
        Do you know how much ground rent is owing ?

You could make an offer to buyer's solicitor for a retention £1000 to cover any ground rent owing before sale date . Retention held by Seller's solicitor for one year....
        10-08-2022, 17:55 PM
      • Reply to DIY Conveyancing process for an informal lease extension.
        by madasafish
        An update and a big thank-you to all the learned people here who took the time to answer my posts and guided me through this exercise. I was delighted to be notified by Land Registry three days ago the application was successfull and the registry has been updated. No ID2 or ID5 was included in the application...
        09-08-2022, 06:14 AM
      • DIY Conveyancing process for an informal lease extension.
        by madasafish
        Please note: This is a continuation of “Conveyancer/Solicitor required to complete and submit an electronic AP1 form to LRO” by my alias Lat. I did submit this in that thread 3 days ago but was met with “Approval Required” after editing spelling mistake’s. A lot of peeps have reported the

08-10-2021, 04:25 AM
      • Reply to Has the Solicitor or Land Registry screwed this up?
        by Lawcruncher
        I think I need to see the Registry entries for both titles and the title plans and also the description of the property included in the November 2000 lease. If you wish you can send them to me by attaching them to a PM. Anonymity is guaranteed.
        08-08-2022, 20:09 PM
      • Has the Solicitor or Land Registry screwed this up?
        by madasafish
        Where to begin......

I purchased the ground floor leasehold flat in Sept 1984 which was sold to me with a 1 parking bay out of a total of 2 and half the garden (Ground Floor Lease Title No: XYZ9857). I still have the estate agents particulars from back then.

In 1991 a new person...
        08-08-2022, 08:39 AM
      • Reply to Issue with remortgaging leasehold flat
        by Fariha
        Any further advice on this would be much appreciated!
        08-08-2022, 19:40 PM
      • Issue with remortgaging leasehold flat
        by Fariha
        Hello, I have an issue with the remortgage of my leasehold flat and I'm hoping for some advice. I am moving my flat to a buy-to-let mortgage and also releasing funds. Essentially, my solicitor has been chasing the freeholder's solicitor since April regarding a dispute about parking, we have already...
        04-08-2022, 12:27 PM
      Working...
      X