Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deed of trust - Land Registry RX3 - RX4

Hi

we are currently tenants in common (husband and wife) and are putting the house back to beneficial joint tenancy.

we have filled out form RX3 and are totally stuck with the following

The completed form must be supported by either:

a certified copy of the new (or amended) trust deed showing that everyone with a share or interest in the property agrees to the change, or
    a certified copy of the transfer showing that all the owners of shares transfer their shares to all the beneficial joint tenants, or
    a certificate given by a conveyancer that a deed in one of the forms referred to above has been entered into by all the parties.

The supporting evidence must confirm that:

together all of you own all of the shares in the property and no one else owns any other share in the property
    none of you has mortgaged any individual share
    none of you is bankrupt
    none of you has a creditor with a charging order against any share, and
    you all now hold the property as beneficial joint tenants.
    We don't have trust deeds new or otherwise, we own our house outright and have never signed anything.

can anyone shed any light on what we are supposed to give ?

Or would it be better to send form RX4 - which allows withdrawal of a restriction. (not sure what the difference is between a cancel or withdrawal of a restriction|)

I don't see why we have to spend ££s on solicitors fees, on something we own, and both want

any advice - help ?

From what you say it sounds as if you started off as joint tenants. If so, how did you become tenants-in-common?

Comment

Hi we split it many years ago - inheritance tax reasons, but the reasons have changed, so want it changed back

Comment

a certified copy of the new (or amended) trust deed showing that everyone with a share or interest in the property agrees to the change,
        Compose a simple document stating that you both agree to revert to a joint tenancy. That's all we did when my wife and I also went back to a joint tenancy after the Inheritance Tax limits were changed.

Don't be put off by the words "trust deed" it's not that complicated.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Purchase of freehold
          by Drewcole
          Hi All,

I own a 2 bed ground floor flat in a converted Victorian house (2 flats in total) that i have a long lease of 167yrs. I currently pay a ground rent of £160, a service charge of £400 and a insurance premium of £800!

I have spoken to the owner of the flat above and...
          10-08-2020, 15:16 PM
        • Reply to Purchase of freehold
          by Drewcole
          Hi, I thought it was a little high considering its two flat with a tiny hallway shared that hasn't been maintained since I've owned.

I guess I can only try, if I do nothing then I'm letting them get away with over charging on the insurance. £1500 for insurance for the two flats seems...
          11-08-2020, 11:40 AM
        • Buying house with sitting tenant
          by carolem
          Residential house for sale with tenant holding over. AST for 6 months granted by letting agents of current owner in November 2019. Since it expired tenant been holding over and paying rent etc. As a potential purchaser who wants to buy it as investment with tenant in situ are there any issues for me...
          07-08-2020, 13:20 PM
        • Reply to Buying house with sitting tenant
          by Gordon999
          Yes, you should arrange for new AST rental agreement because the last one is in the previous owner's name and no longer valid. You have no legal right to hold the tenants deposit without AST agreement. .
          11-08-2020, 10:37 AM
          by Gordon999
          If you find alternative companies are quoting much lower insurance premium, you can ask the current broker to declare how much commission has been paid and then you consider making application to FTT for judgement on the reasonable cost of the buildings insurance. ,

I think your current...
          11-08-2020, 09:17 AM
          by Drewcole
          Thanks for the replies, so I've had a quick look online to. See how long the lease is on the other flat, she seems to have about 63yrs remaining so the cost to try a purchase the freehold myself is a no go.

I will write and request the insurance info and try and go down that route. Is there...
          11-08-2020, 07:12 AM
          by Gordon999
          It requires both flats in a building with 2 flats ) to participate in compulsory freehold purchase. See last sentence in section 2 in the free guide.

https://www.lease-advice.org/advice-...tting-started/

If the buildings insurance is £800 per flat, you are probably...
          10-08-2020, 18:00 PM
          by Anna1985
          I would check how long is downstairs lease.
          and then would run the estimated costs freehold on lease calculator.
          And go from there.
          10-08-2020, 17:52 PM
        • Reply to Documentation for renovations on share of freehold flat
          by Basecamp
          Thank you for your responses. We will consult w lawyer to have the Deed updated with the new floor plan....
          08-08-2020, 09:16 AM
        • Documentation for renovations on share of freehold flat
          by Basecamp
          We are a first floor flat, share of freehold with the ground floor flat. We both have a 999 year lease. In 2014 we did a loft conversion. We had a party wall agreement with the other share of freeholder flat, planning permission and it has all been signed off by building control. However, should we...
          06-08-2020, 10:45 AM
        Working...
        X