Commonhold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commonhold

I have had a look at a site called "commonhold.com".
    Although its "guestbook" (lists posts from viewers) is a bit thin, the factsheet displays are quite good and might repay a brief read if you've 15 mins. free.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Thanks Jeffrey for your lead to this website - the information is clearly set out and provides excellent guidance.

Here's a direct link to the index page of the commonhold.com:-

Commonhold and Leasehold Reform
    Vic - wicked landlord
    Any advice or suggestions given in my posts are intended for guidance only and not a substitute for completing full searches on this forum, having regard to the advice of others, or seeking appropriate professional opinion.
    Without Plain English Codes of Practice and easy to complete Prescribed Forms the current law is too complex and is thus neither fair to good tenants nor good landlords.

Comment

Has anyone actually dealt with a commonhold? Interested to hear if you have.
      RICHARD WEBSTER

As a conveyancing solicitor I believe the information given in the post to be useful (provided it relates to property in England & Wales) but I accept no liability except to fee-paying clients.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Form A Restriction Removal
        by rks2021
        Hi all , really could do with some help on this please .
        I purchased a property back in 2002 and asked my sister to be on the mortgage to help me get the required mortgage, She has never had any financial interest in the property , now the mortgage has been paid i wish to remove her name from...
        08-12-2021, 20:17 PM
      • Dealing with Adverse Possession objection
        by Ken_Johnson
        I bought a property 3 years ago which was in AP of a small strip of unregistered land next to it since the 1960s.
        I recently applied for AP and all was going fine until recently an objection was received by a neighbour with a lot of spurious and false claims.
        The letter received is a B193(A)...
        31-08-2021, 14:55 PM
      • Reply to Dealing with Adverse Possession objection
        by helpmenot
        Good to hear an update.
        To clarify: you informed land registry your opinion is that the objection is groundless.
        did you also send my letter template to your neighbours?...
        22-11-2021, 12:00 PM
      • Reply to Dealing with Adverse Possession objection
        by Ken_Johnson
        Apologies for the delay.

Wrote to the two objectors, twice, never heard anything back. One of the objectors tried threatening physical action, reported to Police, crime reference number obtained. Informed Land Registry that as they are not responding, it's best to go to tribunal.
        22-11-2021, 10:00 AM
      • Reply to Membership Certificate?
        by Beebee123
        Hi,

I have now heard back from the management agent who is also the secretary of the management company that, they were not the secretary at the time I became the owner and was not passed over details from previous agents.

They asked me to fill in a membership application form...
        16-11-2021, 21:24 PM
      • Membership Certificate?
        by Beebee123
        Hi All,

Sorry if this question was already addressed previously.

I hold a leasehold property back in years ago and I am now planning to sell my property.

What comes to my mind is that when I have a look of the previous LPE1 / M&A there was mentioned a Membership...
        11-11-2021, 23:18 PM
      • Reply to Membership Certificate?
        by Gordon999
        You should ask your management company if any certificate was issued .
        13-11-2021, 09:31 AM
      • Selling with tenant in situ - no EIRC
        by meehr
        Hi folks, slightly worried and looking for your view:

I’m selling my old flat with tenant in situ, and just discovered that we have been non compliant since April on the EIRC - my earlier interpretation had been that we didn’t need to do an EIRC until a new tenancy.

I...
        11-11-2021, 10:18 AM
      • Reply to Selling with tenant in situ - no EIRC
        by Neelix
        Your buyer needs to get their own EICR done before they buy
        11-11-2021, 17:02 PM
      • Reply to Selling with tenant in situ - no EIRC
        by L4NDLORD
        I dont think you could be retrospectively prosecuted if you were no longer the owner when it came to light that there is no EICR. I would probably get an electrician in however, to inform me what it would cost to get up to standard. You don't want to give the hypothetical buyer reasons to doubt his/her...
        11-11-2021, 15:11 PM
      Working...
      X