Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indemnity insurance for new boiler and rewire of house

Hi,

I am in the process of purchasing a house which has had a new boiler installed in 02/12 and complete rewire in 04/12. The vendor says the certificates are available for the works, however no warranties or guarantees are available.

So should i insist on the vendor paying for an indemnity policy to cover these two items as usually there will be at least 1 years warranty on both if not more, which must be transferable.

thanks

Mo

Far better to have the work checked.

Comment

Indemnity insuarnce doesn't replace a guarantee - it only protects against enforcement action by the Council for non-compliance with the Building Regulations. No pay out if boiler blows up or if there is a fire due to faulty wiring.
      RICHARD WEBSTER

As a conveyancing solicitor I believe the information given in the post to be useful (provided it relates to property in England & Wales) but I accept no liability except to fee-paying clients.

Comment

Thanks for your replies guys. So what are my options.

Comment

As I said above, it is more important to know that the work was done properly than to rely on a guarantee. When buying a house a survey is recommended. The surveyor can arrange for the electrics and heating system to be tested.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X