Can a Section 42 be assigned twice?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can a Section 42 be assigned twice?

    Hi everyone

    Does anyone know whether a section 42 can be assigned twice? What I would like to do is outlined below:
    1)The leaseholder has passed away and her executor has served a Section 42.
    2) I buy the flat and on completion, I am assigned the benefit of this Section 42.
    3) I renovate the property.
    4) I sell the property assigning the benefit of the Section 42 to the new buyer.

    In other words I wouldn't be extending the lease myself but passing the benefit of the section 42 on.



  • #2
    I echo those comments. I see no reason why it cannot be assigned twice. Although you would need to keep the process going I.e. agreeing terns etc. there are strict time limits on the next steps to take.


    Latest Activity


    • Land reg tribunal ..quick question
      If the respondant decides just before a hearing to settle before the hearing and we as applicants also agree what happens after the consent order is sent to the judge
      ? Thanks...
      20-08-2017, 11:05 AM
    • Reply to Land reg tribunal ..quick question
      Two related threads have been merged
      20-08-2017, 18:58 PM
    • D I Y Lease Variation.
      Due to the purchase of a freehold (shared 50/50), We need to vary the leases to accommodate the changes for our own purpose. We have be told that there is a fee of 750 pounds per lease, this does not include legal fees.

      How possible is it to do this process ourselves so to avoid legal...
      07-07-2017, 09:45 AM
    • Reply to D I Y Lease Variation.
      You will need to sign as both leaseholder and trustee for the freehold. I assume this will need to be done as a deed, so you will need to get the signatures witnessed. If there is a mortgage associated with either property, you will need to pay the mortgagee for approval and they may insist on a ...
      20-08-2017, 10:50 AM
    • Reply to D I Y Lease Variation.
      You can have a meeting of the 2 freeholders and agree to terminate the collection of ground rent and whatever minors actions which you want . The items agreed by both parties would be entered into a document signed and dated by both of you as variations to the lease which you could send to Land Registry...
      20-08-2017, 10:41 AM
    • Selling empty property
      Hi, I am selling an empty house without a tenant who moved out recently. The Estate agent told me the prospective buyer would live in the house. My solicitor I found online for this transaction based on a very competitive conveyasing fee sent me a contract to sign where the buyer is a limited company...
      09-08-2017, 19:31 PM
    • Reply to Selling empty property
      You can ask, but 24hours is irresponsible.
      But it takes as long as it takes for a solicitor to VERIFY you or he has the funds, then throw the keys into the estate agent that sold the house.What is YOUR RUSH ? for 24 hours.
      no need to answer as 24 hours is unacceptable.

      19-08-2017, 21:23 PM
    • Reply to Selling empty property
      Can I ask solicitor to set interval between exchange of contracts and completion to be 24 hours maximum?

      And, are there any penalties for the other party if they fail to complete on set day? Can I call off sell if completion does not happen when it should and drags on?
      19-08-2017, 20:32 PM
    • Cancellations and the ramifications
      My nan has been in the process of selling her house for some time, all of the paperwork has been signed (I’m not sure which) and it’s getting close to her handing the keys over. She is looking to move into a smaller house, but needs to wait until everything is finalised until she can put an offer...
      Gorvins conveyancing solicitors in Manchester are trusted residential property experts that have decades of experience when it comes to buying or selling homes.
      17-08-2017, 18:37 PM
    • Reply to Cancellations and the ramifications
      Your nan should not hand over any keys until the money has been paid into your nan's solicitor. bank account
      For the sale to proceed , there must be an exchange of sale contracts between buyer and seller solicitors and 10 % deposit paid. and an agreed exchange date.

      If buyer has...
      19-08-2017, 18:42 PM