Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Playnotwork View Post
    Evening.

Could somebody please explain Jeffery's last post.
    I am unfortunatly in a similar position. House being sold, no consent for conservatory and freeholder was contacted 8 years ago so cannot take out indemnity insurance. Wondering if i can use anything Jeffery has stated.
    Thought a way round it was to buy the freehold, have but freeholder in no rush to complete

Cheers
    Jeffrey Shaw is available for (paid for) telephone advice. Phone him on 0114 268 7638 and briefly explain the area you need a conversation about. He will then suggest an amount, give you bank details, you pay, you then have the in depth conversation, and then he will give a summary of the conversation by email.

Comment

I think Playnotwork has paid a fee to buy the freehold title from the Managing agent. ) post no.8 )

I hope he has some documentation to show he has paid and there is still formality of transferring the freehold title to PNW or to his buyer .

The freehold title is registered in name of current freeholder at Land Registry and its not something like a book which you buy and get sent to you by post.

Comment

Hi all

I wonder if anyone can help. Point below relevant to this thread.
        If a landlord accepts service charges (but not ground rent) following becoming aware of a breach have they waived their right to forfeiture?
        Best wishes

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Deed of variation
          Lizey
          Hi.

I have recently discovered a problem with the leasehold flat I live in. I purchased the flat years ago, 1 flat of a block of 4. I recently went onto Land registry to see my lease and noticed my lease on there is only 99 years, the original deed from 1978. This lease was changed by deed...
          23-05-2019, 17:07 PM
        • Reply to Deed of variation
          Tipper
          Register it at the Land Registry. They'l tell you what to do.
          23-05-2019, 17:36 PM
        • Absent freehold beneficiaries?
          Mat1
          Hi guys, new poster here so forgive me if I get my terms mixed up!

I have just made an offer on a ground floor flat in a block of 3. A,B and C. Sold as Share of Freehold, no company. We'll call this flat A.

The owner of flat B died in 2015. The "residue"...
          16-05-2019, 19:45 PM
        • Reply to Absent freehold beneficiaries?
          leaseholder64
          If the Land Registry has not updated, it will be held in trust by the executors. The combination of the will and the Land Registry entry should be all that is necessary.

Note, that they should be paying the ground rent and service charges. Once they have probate, they no longer have any...
          17-05-2019, 09:36 AM
          Mat1
          Is there any way to find out if this is the case (held in trust by the nephews)?

Assuming this is the case I can't imagine they are particularly incentivised to get this sorted, they had their part of the inheritance 2 years ago....
          17-05-2019, 08:33 AM
        • Is There a Conflict Of Interest Here?
          mrs. sparkle
          Recently purchased an auction property and the lender I am obtaining bridging finance from requires a solicitor to represent them from their panel.

What I wanted to know is whether it is okay for the lenders solicitor to also represent me the purchaser?

Someone mentioned to...
          16-05-2019, 12:47 PM
        • Reply to Is There a Conflict Of Interest Here?
          mrs. sparkle
          Thanks guys
          17-05-2019, 02:46 AM
          Jon66
          Yes agree with leaseholder, still held by the executors pending an agreement by all beneficiaries to sell and monies distributed equally. Getting 17 organisations to agree is going to take a while . . .
          16-05-2019, 22:07 PM
          leaseholder64
          Sounds like the executors have made a mess of this.

I would have thought the share of the freehold and the share of the lease are still held in trust by the executors.
          16-05-2019, 21:51 PM
        • Reply to Is There a Conflict Of Interest Here?
          Lawcruncher
          The main point is that both purchaser and lender want the same thing: a property with a good and marketable title. A conflict of interest only arises if the lawyer finds something he does not like and the purchaser instructs him not to tell the lender. If that happens and the purchaser persists in the...
          16-05-2019, 21:47 PM
        Working...
        X