Adverse Possession Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adverse Possession Process

Hi i have been looking round this site as a guest now for a couple of days and i have been reading up about the adverse possessory process for a couple of months now.

i have found a property just down the down from me now and i would like to start the process. i have been reading about it an understand that i will need to find out if registered or not.

the property has railings all the way around, boarded up windows and railings across the front enterance (i am not sure about the rear)
    i was wondering if i cut off the locks on the railings and enter the property will this count as breaking in. the property has been empty for atleast the 5 years i have been living in the area
    as the window are boarded up i will need to replace these and put a front door up to secure the property so is it worth the cost of this or should i look for another property.

if i should carry on how can i prove i have been in possession of the property without spending a fortune on it renovating it to rent out and risk loosing alot of money

any help is much appreciated

if you require any more info please ask as i am new to this process

regards

steven

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Freehold purchase
    by freeholderkid
    Purchasing the freehold for my property being a house with gardens and garage.

The current leasehold title is part of a larger title plan for the area.

A TP1 is provided by the council selling the freehold with all the details filled-in except signatures.
    04-06-2020, 20:54 PM
  • Reply to Search Fee. Was I ripped off.
    by Lawcruncher
    The solicitors may have done a local search, water search and so-called environmental search. Ask for a disbursement bill.
    03-06-2020, 10:01 AM
  • Search Fee. Was I ripped off.
    by Always Problems
    I made an offer on a house.which was accepted. The Estate Agent recommended "their" Conveyancing Firm and I asked if it was "No Sale No Fee" and they said yes.
    Anyway the Conveyancing Firm rang me and I paid a £50 deposit.

They then wanted another £350 ...
    03-06-2020, 09:38 AM
  • Field problem
    by U01lsn
    We have a semi rural house which is part of a Hamlet once all owned by my wife’s Nanna and Grandad.
    My wife had used part of this land for 25 years (Her brother had it for 15 years previous to her) to house her animals with a verbal agreement that she could use it until she gave up keeping...
    29-05-2020, 12:23 PM
  • Reply to Field problem
    by Always Problems
    You are in occupation. Presumably if they want to sell they would have to serve you with Notice To Quit. It sounds like that as no rent was ever paid, could you argue that you were given the land. Is the land registered with eth Land Registry. With a small plot of land you could join the Small Farmers...
    03-06-2020, 09:08 AM
  • punishment for not registering a property?
    by sublimagic
    Hi

complicated question but I cant seem to find a answer online anywhere, I know its a crime not to register a property with the land registry when it changes hands but does anyone know what the penalty or consequences are? the changeover would have happened in 2000 but is still un registered...
    04-03-2014, 20:08 PM
  • Reply to punishment for not registering a property?
    by Always Problems
    We made a mistake, We had some land which was Unregistered, we sold some of it off but we did not register with the Land Registry what we kept. The person who we sold some of our land to, then registers what we sold including some of the land which we retained. And of course the Land Registry...
    03-06-2020, 09:00 AM
  • Reply to Help with understanding a Land Registry document regarding Adverse Possession
    by Lawcruncher
    No interest in land is in fact perpetual. The largest estate in land is the fee simple which belongs to the owner and his heirs (to be understood as "and then his heirs"). If you die without heirs the fee simple comes to an end.

Ignoring that technicality, there are two main reasons...
    02-06-2020, 23:05 PM
  • Help with understanding a Land Registry document regarding Adverse Possession
    by EB1
    My solicitors have forwarded on a land registry document called Application Enquiry. In the Application Progress box it says:

DELAYED
    Requisition issued on (date)
    Warning of Cancellation issued on (date)
    Requisition issued on (date)
    Notice issued on (date)
    14-05-2020, 14:05 PM
  • Reply to Help with understanding a Land Registry document regarding Adverse Possession
    by Lizbeth
    I find the whole concept of adverse possession to be utterly against human property rights! Either ownership gives us perpetual and secure title, or it is not ownership.

AP is like something out of the middle ages - quite appalling.

Hey, let's all go round and nick everyone...
    02-06-2020, 09:08 AM
Working...
X