Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show my hand.

Hi everybody,

I'm in the middle of my second claim for adverse possession over land at the rear of my house. H.M.L.R have just received an objection again from council
    who we are fighting over the land.We have looked through our deeds and found that an easement would be easy to prove.
    I have spoken to the man dealing with the case from council on many occasions should i now state my finding to him over the phone and state there is no big prize at the end of this (getting me of the land) or would this harm my current claim for adverse possession many thanks.

Latest Activity

Collapse

• who is in charge of the fences?
    ll2013
    Hello

How do I find out who is in charge of each fence?
    There's two side ones and also two rear ones. One neighbour at the back asked me and I wasn't sure. It's not specified in title information.
    Also left side fence looks like it can be fixed so want to know if we need to...
    27-07-2017, 13:22 PM
  • Reply to who is in charge of the fences?
    Galatea
    In my experience if you take care of your boundary first and put concrete posts, and solid fence and maintain it it is worth since you will avoid issues of others later putting the post inside your own property by a foot or so.
    27-07-2017, 22:30 PM
    ll2013
    Thank you.
    What exactly is a post?
    I spoke to my conveyancer today and he seemed to think the rear and right side were our fences due to the T being there but there is no mention of what T means. I've attached below. What do you think?...
    27-07-2017, 18:26 PM
    nukecad
    A fence between properties is a 'boundary feature'.

A boundary feature is any structure that separates your property from your neighbour’s, such as a fence, wall or hedge. There are no laws about who owns these or which side of the boundary feature you’re responsible for.
    27-07-2017, 14:23 PM
    leaseholder64
    The normal rule of thumb, if not indicated in the title deeds, or title plan (there is a symbol for this), is that the people on the ugly side, e.g. the side with the post, own it.

It is only a rule of thumb, though.
    27-07-2017, 14:18 PM
  • Should I register a charge or a restriction on a property
    Joiner358
    We lent £15,000 to a family member who signed a loan agreement for the amount to be repaid on or before 30th September 2017. His circumstances have changed and it is unlikely that he will be able to repay this money by the due date. We would like to take steps to secure this money should his house...
    19-07-2017, 19:11 PM
  • Reply to Should I register a charge or a restriction on a property
    wfd_property
    I would take your agreement to a solicitor and get specific advice....
    23-07-2017, 06:13 AM
  • Land registry trubunal
    Rosierees
    In our tribunal case the respondents solicitor has shown our witness statements to their witness s who in turn have put the info on Facebook and our witnesses have recieved threats !! Is this legal and what can we do now...
    19-07-2017, 12:08 PM
  • Reply to Land registry trubunal
    wfd_property
    There is a 'public interest' test. There are various bits of guidance for journalism etc.

Impossible to say more without knowing details you probably won't want to give in open forum....
    23-07-2017, 06:11 AM
  • Title Deeds and Mortgage
    MAPTON
    Hi

Not quite landlord related but hoping for some clarification one way or the other:-

Is it possible for me to remain on the mortgage but to sign over house to spouse, ie, take my name off of the title deeds. This is a divorce scenario and I am wishing to remain on mortgage...
    22-07-2017, 15:36 PM
Working...
X