Updating incorrect TR1 - which form to HMLR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating incorrect TR1 - which form to HMLR?

Dear professionals,

I am having a mix up with forms at present. Not surprising as I am not experienced.

If a TR1 was lodged with HMLR incorrectly (mentioning the wrong ownership split in box 11) can this simply be superceeded by personally and directly sending a new form RX1 to HMLR? Or an updated TR1?

I understand that a spearate trust deed would superceed the incorrect TR1 but I want to makes sure it is clear at every angle.

Much thanks

A. The Transfer deed (TR1) deals with legal ownership.
    B. Panel 11 of it flags-up only whether a form A Restriction is to be entered.
    C. Never rely on panel 11 if there are split beneficial interests; always use a formal Trust Deed.
    D. No, a completed/registered TR1 cannot be undone/amended.
    E. BUT, yes, the 'split' details can be changed (by both/all parties acting together, not unilaterally). A Trust Deed is then essential.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Clear response. Thanks.

Clarifying: a Form A restriction has been entered in our case as box 11 of the TR1 did state the split, but by us both raising a formal trust deed now we can basically ignore the original TR1 error and move on.

We'll get this done professionally and keep a copy, witnessed, each. Nothing more will need to be sent to HMLR?

Essentially on the right track?

Grats

Comment

Originally posted by mandarin View Post
        Clarifying: a Form A restriction has been entered in our case as box 11 of the TR1 did state the split, but by us both raising a formal trust deed now we can basically ignore the original TR1 error and move on.

We'll get this done professionally and keep a copy, witnessed, each. Nothing more will need to be sent to HMLR?

Essentially on the right track?
        Yes, generally, depending on what entries already appear. Send me a Private Message if you need assistance.
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Hi there,

Jeffrey said that a registered TR1 cannot be amended so what do you do if your signature has been used without your consent?
          My co-freeholder's solicitors used my signature from a previous TR1 I signed months before and used it on a second one with a different buyer.

Thank you

Comment

Alas Jeffrey, regrettably is no longer an habitue of this forum. What loss have you suffered? If none where's the pecuniary damages?

Comment

Thank you for getting back to me.

No pecuniary damages, no loss but why has my signature need to be witnessed by a solicitor when signing the TR1 if afterwards the document can be altered without informing me?

Sorry, maybe I’m on the wrong thread

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X