Developer wants to use private road to connect to Mains Drains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Developer wants to use private road to connect to Mains Drains

A tenant in a house I rent out has been told that when a nearby development (110 retirement flats) goes ahead that the developer will want to connect to the nearest mains drains by way of a "Sewer Requisition" to United Utilities.
    There is a Private Road between the Public Highway and the Developers Site.
    It is a Cul-De-Sac and the top of the road has no access to the developers site, (Unless he breaks through
    The Private Road is very narrow, If cars are parked at each side of the road there is just enough room for 1 vehicle to pass between them.
    There are 4 houses on this Private Road. The owner of a house on the other side of the road owns some of the width of the road.
    The rest of the width was/is owned by the builder of the 4 houses and since they were built in 1994 the owners of the 4 houses have parked on the Private Road outside their houses and across the road which is partly owned by the owner of the house across the road. Without objection.
    I note from the Planning Permission the Council States that the Road is a Private Road, but presumably it is not for them to say that the Developer need to get the permission.
    What my tenant (and I) is worried about is two things, 1. If the Developer wants to bring Mains Drains down the road it will effectivley close the road as the road is not wide enough to accommodate road works with passing traffic. (until I retired I had a Farm and know how much room a JCB needs to operate>
    and 2. Will the road become another access to the development.
    Andy suggestions gratefully received.

Or should this question be asked in Planning

Comment

Not a lot you’ll be able to do if the council want the development to go ahead.

Comment

I take it you could not benefit from this by getting mains drainage also?
        To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

[QUOTE=This may be in in the hands of solicitors.
          Andy suggestions gratefully received.[/QUOTE]
          This may be now in the hands of solicitors. Thanks for any replies.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• CPO indemnity
            by Muji84
            Hi all,

Looking for some guidance on a mortgage that I am going through,

I own a property outright and my mortgage company noticed there is an CPO order showing on land registry from the 1980s and requires myself/solicitors to purchase a cpo indemnity policy to protect itself....
            10-08-2022, 20:43 PM
          • Reply to CPO indemnity
            by Muji84
            The date on the land registry is the 23.02.1983.

I only found our about the charge when going through the mortgage.

I suspect (and I could be 100% wrong) that as I brought the house cash only, there were no mortgage conditions etc the convayoncer would have to meet in order...
            12-08-2022, 09:44 AM
          • Reply to CPO indemnity
            by Lawcruncher
            That is not making sense. If the CPO dates back to the 1980s no way would it have been registered after October 2021. In the unlikely event it was you would have been given written notice. Have a look at the relevant entry on the register. At the start in brackets is a date. What is it?...
            12-08-2022, 08:42 AM
          • Reply to CPO indemnity
            by Muji84
            Hi lawcruncher

I brought the property in October 2021, my conveyancer mentioned recently that at that time "there was no cpo revealed in the searches to make this necessary" I was asking if they purchased a cpo indemnity policy

The CPO is showing on land registry....
            12-08-2022, 08:08 AM
          • problems with a freeholder
            by D P Dance
            I am selling ne of my properties.

The sale is being held up as the freeholder, (Homeground), is refusing to provie information to my solicitor which has been requested by my buyer's solicittor as the ground rent is outstanding.

I pay the ground rent monthly along with my...
            10-08-2022, 09:58 AM
          • Reply to problems with a freeholder
            by D P Dance
            No ground rent is owing, it is paid monthly with the service charges to the HA. The buyer is aware of the nature of the HA and the freeholder as thy already own a flat in the lock....
            11-08-2022, 14:19 PM
          • Reply to CPO indemnity
            by Lawcruncher
            The first and important point to make is that a CPO must be exercised within 3 years. There may be some doubt about precisely when the 3 years starts, but there can surely be no doubt that a CPO made in the 1980s is now a dead letter. Either it was never exercised or, if it was, it related to a part...
            11-08-2022, 09:07 AM
            by Section20z
            It's not just ground rent, if freeholder refuses to answer LPE1 enquiries it should raise a big red flag for any buyer.
            11-08-2022, 08:10 AM
            by Gordon999
            Do you know how much ground rent is owing ?

You could make an offer to buyer's solicitor for a retention £1000 to cover any ground rent owing before sale date . Retention held by Seller's solicitor for one year....
            10-08-2022, 17:55 PM
          • Reply to DIY Conveyancing process for an informal lease extension.
            by madasafish
            An update and a big thank-you to all the learned people here who took the time to answer my posts and guided me through this exercise. I was delighted to be notified by Land Registry three days ago the application was successfull and the registry has been updated. No ID2 or ID5 was included in the application...
            09-08-2022, 06:14 AM
          Working...
          X