split title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

split title

Help please, I am purchasing a split property which is being handled well by solicitors. I am trying to work out a time line of how long it will take to complete. My question is will we be able to exchange and complete without delay or will we have to wait for land registry to approve the split and how long is that likely to take

Please expand on what you mean by a split title: Do you mean you are buying part of the land in a title? If you are, then (unless you are buying a plot on an estate) the Land Registry will not be involved before completion.

Comment

Thank you for your reply We are purchasing a very large house and the seller is keeping a coach house which used to be part of the property. It has all been divided with planning permission and there are no issues with access etc. I don't understand if we have to wait for the land registry to approve the plan or whether we can go ahead with the sale and wait for the approval later.

Comment

In the scenario you describe there is no need for the plan to be approved by the Land Registry before completion.

Comment

Thank you Lawcruncher, how about another query, there are very old covenants on the title (no business use allowed) the original sellers are long since dead and our seller says her conveyancer will simply remove them Is it that easy?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X