Buying property(holiday let) off-plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying property(holiday let) off-plan

I am about to reserve a plot off plan(last phase), to be built in 2023. My intention is to use it as a holiday let, but depending on the situation at that time if I had to use it as a standard BTL the numbers are still good. The builder is asking for exchanging in 28 days. Although I have experience in buying properties in the past, have never bought off plan and especially when the completion is so far away. My question is :

- How does the mortgage offer validity work?
    - Can I change my mortgage lender before completion?
    - Am still not sure whether to buy as a owner or via ltd. Can I change my mind later after exchange but before completion?
    - Has anyone bought a new build to use it as holiday lets? Any advice would be great.

Am thinking of contacting a property biased Accountant/Tax expert to guide on ownership(i.e. whether to own as personal but create a ltd for holiday let. Or just one Ltd to own and run). But until I do that it would be great to have your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Are you buying a house or flat ?
    If it's a flat, then holiday lets my not be possible under the lease.

Comment

It is a house. Thx

Comment

Don't forget the 90 day holiday let limit in London, and spreading elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Section20z View Post
          Don't forget the 90 day holiday let limit in London, and spreading elsewhere
          yes, hence I want to keep the option open of using it as standard BTL. But if I exchanged as holiday let, but changing it to a standard BTL mortgage before completion(in 18-20 months) would be an issue or not is a big question.

Comment

I think that would be an issue for the lender that only they could answer

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X