Solicitor not registered TR1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solicitor not registered TR1

I bought a family members share of a property that we lived in together, we were both Tenants In Common.
    they have since moved out and bought their own place using the funds from the sale.
    the deeds should now be in my sole name, but LR have no record of this. The solictor we used said they paid stamp duty, made us sign TR1 forms and ID1. But the TR1 has never been lodged with LR. they have no record of the transaction taking place.
    i cant get hold of the solictior, and they were independant not working for a company. what do i do now? im even wondering if they paid the stamp duty. i know the transaction took place, because the other family member received the money.
    But what do i do about getting the property into my sole name? i know theres a delay with LR applications, but the fact that they say no application has been lodged means they received no paper work to process.

https://www.lawsociety.org.uk/en/pub...ut-a-solicitor
    My views are my own - you may not agree with them. I tend say things as I see them and I don't do "political correctness". Just because we may not agree you can still buy me a pint lol

Comment

thanks. i was going to make this complaint, issue is person doesnt work for a firm but i will complain about the solicitor.
      but to resolve the issue in meantime what can i do? go to another solicitor to help officially reigster the TR1? i have a copy of the TR1 but not any stamp duty certificate

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X