X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AndrewDod
    replied
    Originally posted by ripeepeep View Post
    Thank you. It definitely says there has to be one. It says...
    As RAM indicates this does not oblige that there is a reserve fund, unless there is a purpose (under the lease) for such a fund in some reasonable timescale.

Leave a comment:

• ripeepeep
    replied
    Thank you. I certainly hope so but the buyer's solicitor appears to be holding firm!

Leave a comment:

• ram
    replied
    Originally posted by ripeepeep View Post
    1) The landlord/managing agent is refusing to provide an adequate statement of accounts showing what we've paid them and what has been allocated to our flat. They've provided a statement of account of sorts but according to the buyer's solicitor this is not adequate.
    It is not usual to divulge personal accounts of leaseholders to strangers.
    The questions asked are "Are the service charges paid and up to date. The seller answers -Yes or no.
    A Yes is perfectly acceptable to a buyer
    Originally posted by ripeepeep
    2) By the terms of our lease the landlord is apparently required to have a reserve fund and no such fund exists.
    My answer to the reserve fund would be ( An assumption )
    There are no major repairs needed to the roof and foundations forseeable in the next 10 years, therefore there is no need to fund an item that does not need major works to be done in the next 10 years.
    Decorating is fine at present.
    And assuming the above statements will hold up.

Leave a comment:

• ripeepeep
    replied
    Thank you. It definitely says there has to be one. It says

"That the landlord maintains a reserve fund in accordance with the 6th schedule"

And then the 6th schedule itself is attached as a photo here.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewDod
    replied
    It is a rare lease that REQUIRES a reserve fund. Most simply permit one. What does it say exactly.

Unfortunately freeholders can easily reduce the value of properties by making them hard to sell and then buying themselves eventually. It is a type of theft that is made easy by the legislative and intellectual vacuum that is leasehold law. There is no requirement that they provide honest (or any) answers to permit sales. Imprisonment for stealing from lessees, breaking the law or causing lethal risks to lessees is as rare as hen's teeth.

Leave a comment:

• Problems with freeholders brought to light by conveyancing process

I hope I have posted this in the right topic. We are currently in the process of selling a leasehold flat. The landlord manages it through a managing agent but they're essentially the same people if you look at the list of officers on the companies house website. The process is right at the end and I'm pretty sure our buyers are now going to pull out due to the following issues:

1) The landlord/managing agent is refusing to provide an adequate statement of accounts showing what we've paid them and what has been allocated to our flat. They've provided a statement of account of sorts but according to the buyer's solicitor this is not adequate.

2) By the terms of our lease the landlord is apparently required to have a reserve fund and no such fund exists.

Neither of these issues were raised when we bought the flat 5 years ago which leads me to think our own solicitors must have been remiss.

What are our options here? Is there anything we can offer the buyers (money off etc) to try to get the sale through?

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Freehold and Leasehold on potential property purchase help !
    by Charmingman
    Hi all in a bit of Dilema on a property Purchase so the Property we are looking to buy was advertised by the estate agents as Freehold and we liked the home so proceeded further , Now issue is that my Solicitor when doing the Checks Etc sent me Docs from the HM LR showing sections A B and C . A section...
    04-09-2021, 15:09 PM
  • Reply to Freehold and Leasehold on potential property purchase help !
    by Charmingman
    Hi guys When Searches are done on a property would a Headlease also be revealed ? I understand that the Freehold and leasehold has as I was aware of but would a Headlease show up?
    18-09-2021, 10:10 AM
  • Right of Way
    by KEMYST
    Hi I am new here. Next door has a very intrusive right of way over our rear patio (which is just 7`6" wide). It has not been a problem for 30 years but now new neighbours are demanding that all construction materials for the building of a new conservatory can be brought in and out over the patio...
    06-09-2021, 14:55 PM
  • Reply to Right of Way
    by KEMYST
    Thanks for that Lawcruncher. It is very clear response
    18-09-2021, 09:34 AM
  • Reply to Right of Way
    by Lawcruncher
    A right of way may be defined as the right to cross someone's land between two points. That is all. It does not include any of the following: a right to stop and admire the view; a right to use it to exercise your dog; a right for your children to ride back and forth on their bikes; a right to hang...
    18-09-2021, 08:38 AM
  • Reply to Right of Way
    by Jon66
    Sounds as if you have all the answers . . .
    17-09-2021, 23:10 PM
  • Reply to Right of Way
    by KEMYST
    I don`t think they can mediate. Either all the construction comes through or.....They will not allow any of it to go through their house.
    17-09-2021, 22:15 PM
  • Reply to Right of Way
    by Jon66
    Mediation may be the way forward?
    17-09-2021, 21:44 PM
  • Reply to Right of Way
    by KEMYST
    LawCruncher; A question, please? I don`t know if you can give me a definable answer here. You may have already answered it another way?
    The ROW is so tight that we cannot use our patio if another person is using it at the same time.

We seem to have reached an absurdity. (Now, we...
    17-09-2021, 21:36 PM
  • Advice on purchasing Freehold on family home
    by bethkw
    Can anyone advise on what would be a reasonable cost to buy a freehold on a property? Is there some rough idea of how they work it out?

A family member has lived in their house for over 30+yrs, pays roughly £31.50 a year for the rent I'm guessing? The leasehold has 55 yrs left and she...
    13-09-2021, 11:15 AM
Working...
X