New neighbours don’t accept previous neighbour agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does that mean that the rights of squatters don’t qualify as an overriding interest under LRA 2002?

or do they only qualify once the land has been “squatted” for 10+ years?

Comment

If there is an unregistered interest then there has to be unregistered land, which has the benefit of such an interest.
      That is not the case in the situation you are posting about, since you have stated that both properties are now registered.

A squatter occupying unregistered land when there is a disposal of that land that triggers first registration may have an unregistered overriding interest, as long as a period of over 12 years adverse possession has been established prior to the date of first registration.

That is when a person in actual occupation can claim an overriding interest.

Comment

Ok. So either I have failed to set out the full facts on this thread, or my solicitor is not giving me correct advice.

Would someone please be kind to write me something to send to my solicitor?
        I don’t want to be rude, but need him to understand the facts.

Comment

I try and offer sensible advice on Landlordzone and on Garden Law, but until today I had failed to see the posting made by Farmerfam on that other site, which resulted in everyone who responded telling him he had no right to claim ownership of the land he was posting about. Yet this was the last post he made on that site.

Unread post by Farmerfam » Thu May 13, 2021 12:24 am

Thank you for your help everyone.

You all have me concerned that we are paying legal bills for no reason and he is leaving us liable

Comment

Originally posted by Farmerfam View Post
            Ok. So either I have failed to set out the full facts on this thread, or my solicitor is not giving me correct advice.

Hopefully something along these lines should suffice.

Dear Mr. Solicitor.

As you are aware, I am very frustrated and disappointed that my neighbour is trying to take back their own property. Although it has become very clear that the person I had a verbal agreement with, had no actual authority to give me the land, I still consider myself entitled to take it and would like to pursue the owners through every court in the land to ensure a positive outcome for myself.

Currently, you are advising one course of action. Having scoured the internet and a prestigious landlord forum, it is slowly dawning on me that the actions you have suggested will not get me 'my land'. Some have even hinted that I in fact have no legal claim, to which I very strongly refute. I believe squatters rights should prevail in this instance, however, should you consider the erection of a tent within the enclosed parcel of land beneficial, then I am prepared to purchase a small 2 man tent, on condition that we also pursue the neighbours to reimburse this cost.

Obviously, I am guided by your legal expertise and appreciate that this does come at a cost. The defendant will also be seeking legal advise to represent them in these extraordinary circumstances. A cost I am prepared to pay in full to both parties should my blatant attempt actually prove futile. Indeed, if there is actually a method in which we can increase cost for both sides, then I will be more than receptive to such a suggestion.

Please contact me as a matter of urgency.

many thanks

FarmerFam.

Hopefully it shouldn't come across to the solicitor as 'rude' and you questioning his methods, but I think this should give them a better understanding of the facts.

Comment

Outstanding letter.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Exchange and Completion on the same day
                by jjsmi7h
                Hi The Expert,

It seems your proposed solution might work. So, is it really possible to send the full funds earlier - the night before ? not sure if my solicitor will accept it?

Kape65 - the issue with 28th of June completion is that in case someone in the chain not...
                14-06-2021, 06:57 AM
              • Exchange and Completion on the same day
                by jjsmi7h
                Hi,

We had found a chain free property in December and agreed a price, got mortgage offers approved so on by the beginning of Feb this year. However, we suddenly learnt in Feb that the seller is not actually chain free and he was looking to by as well. Although not very happy, we...
                13-06-2021, 10:50 AM
                by Kape65
                Am I missing something here? Can you not exchange tomorrow (14th) and complete on the 28th?
                13-06-2021, 20:32 PM
                by The Expert
                Hi jjsmi7h, it sounds to me like a classic situation when no chain becomes a chain (suddenly out of the blue). You should not be harassed by any party, the communication should be with your Solicitor and the other parties in the chain and your Solicitor should be keeping you updated. Assuming there...
                13-06-2021, 18:49 PM
              • Reply to No sublet clause on lease
                by Maz1982
                It sounded absolute when the conveyancer read it to me and made it clear a deed of variation would be the only option...
                12-06-2021, 11:48 AM
              • No sublet clause on lease
                by Maz1982
                Hi all,

I'm in the process of selling my leasehold flat. We were almost at the exchange stage and the freeholder has emailed our conyencer to let them no we have a no sublet clause in the lease. We were unaware of this at the time and the person looking to buy the flat is buying to rent....
                11-06-2021, 14:42 PM
                by Lawcruncher
                There is a significant difference between an absolute and qualified prohibition.
                12-06-2021, 11:44 AM
                by Maz1982
                Sorry my conveyancer has my lease at the moment and she read it out to me and she agreed it's definately a clause in the lease...
                12-06-2021, 11:42 AM
              • Cost of conveyancing sale of flat
                by Codger
                I have been quoted 680 plus vat and extras total 867! And its only an investment flat with no mortgage.
                It seems a lot and I feel like doing it myself. Has anyone done that recently?
                09-05-2021, 09:06 AM
              • Reply to Cost of conveyancing sale of flat
                by Lawcruncher
                Residential conveyancing is in straightforward cases high grade clerical work. A book can take you through the procedure of a straightforward case. If we bear in mind, as various recent posts have shown, that solicitors get things wrong there has to be considerable scope for the layman to get things...
                12-06-2021, 08:18 AM
              Working...
              X