Freeholder Duties In Leaseholder To Leaseholder Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freeholder Duties In Leaseholder To Leaseholder Transfers

My father is retiring from managing our freehold properties and has left me to take over.

The building comprises of 3 flats, one of which i own. One is being sold by the current leaseholder, their conveyencer has requested i fill in a LPE1 form.

As far as i am aware a deed of covenant and license to assign is not required, given the origional leases were granted in 2005 is this assumption correct?

The second issue being that my father has run this freehold in a very unoffical and unorgansied manner. I wish to establish a management company and run things above board, when filling out these forms i assume it best to fill them out under the current format, then approach the other 2 flats about the chasnge of managment style once the sale is confirmed?

Kind regards

What does your lease say about services charges and management companies.
    my lease doesn't allow service charges nor costs to cover management company.
    The only way for us is to get to court for right to manage option and get the management company appointed by tribunal

Comment

Anna1985 The lease allows for an unspecified service charge to be paid by each leaseholder towards the property, i only want to establish a company to facilitate eaasier running of the property. This transference has highlighted the short falls of running it in the "shoe string" style of my father.

Comment

Yes, it is understandable but you cannot just say from no on all leaseholders pay 1000 pounds for the management company services. Does your lease allow to use management company?

Comment

Anna1985 Yes the lease allows for the use of a management company. But i will not be charging anything like that, im only doing it to facilitate the repair fund, of which the tenants will decide between them what is acceptable. A percentage will then be added to cover the admin work, once again agreed by the tenants. The company will be run as a non profit, where the only fee drawn will be for time spent.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X