Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashback1966
    replied
    It is worth getting a survey done, to make sure the works are okay. If there are problems, scaffolding is very expensive.

Did they just put windows ? (in which case don't worry too much) or did they put in a dormer (in which case you need to make sure the words were done correctly).

Is is just the planning ? Or did they skip on building control?

Leave a comment:

• Flashback1966
    replied
    Buy it as a one bed and sell it as a two bed ;-)

Leave a comment:

• onyx
    started a topic Is my purchase legally a one or two bed

Is my purchase legally a one or two bed

I have applied for a mortgage on a two bed Victorian conversion, where one of the bedrooms is a loft conversion. The lender's valuer requested a completion certificate for the loft conversion.

The seller's were only able to provide a certificate of lawfulness that was dated after the loft conversion was completed, but does not comment on the loft conversion explicitly. However, the certificate does state that this is a two bedroom property and the loft conversion does appear on the plan.

To satisfy the mortgage valuer the seller has said they are prepared to sell the property as a one bed. The listing agent has given me an idea of an updated valuation that is about 7% lower than the agreed offer.

As per my title, given the certificate of lawfulness in the described state, should it be expected that this property on all accounts is legally a two bedroom? Or is it likely when I come to sell I would need to likewise list the property as a one bedroom?

Many thanks

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X