Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anna1985
    replied
    Yes a flat, buying a freehold off current freeholder so would become a co-freeholder.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewDod
    replied
    Is this a flat? What do you mean by "acquiring a freehold"?

Leave a comment:

• Anna1985
    replied
    A bit difficult to explain, basically next to the bathroom there was an airing cabinet, which was removed and the stud wall was put in the previous door opening. With the cabinet door made to open into the bathroom.

I want to remove it and re create the original airing cabinet with the door to open into the hall.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• pilman
    replied
    If you are contemplating an act which would require the door of the bathroom to be re-hung so that it opened outward rather than inwards, that does not seem to require any action at all as per the lease, or the freehold.

Use of the word "cabinet " is confusing since most "bathroom cabinets" are wall hung with very small opening or sliding doors to allow access to their contents.

Perhaps a clearer explanation of what is being contemplated would achieve more responses.

Leave a comment:

• Anna1985
    started a topic Change of property layout

Change of property layout

Hi, acquiring a freehold and would like to carry out bathroom alteration - replace current cabinet in the bathroom with the door opening into the hall as it was originally.
    it would involve a lease alteration and re-drawing the property plan.

I take it it would be best to do it along with freehold purchase? Thanks

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Fee farm rent in " Freehold" house
    by pilman
    The first words used in that clause confirm that the land sold off in 1935 was no longer liable to pay any part of the fee farm rent because the seller accepted full responsibility to pay all of the rent, because he was continuing to retain the remainder of the land that was subject to the fee farm...
    26-09-2020, 11:45 AM
  • Fee farm rent in " Freehold" house
    by zywiec
    Hello
    I made an offer on a 1 bed house which was accepted. I was sure it's freehold. Now I need to sign reservation agreement and found in document something like that.
    Charges Register
    This register contains any charges and other matters that affect the land.
    1 The land in...
    24-09-2020, 20:33 PM
    by Lawcruncher
    A fee farm rent is another name for a rentcharge. Despite the word "rent" appearing no tenancy is involved. The rent is also charged on other land. The intention back in 1935 was that the seller would continue to pay the whole of the charge.

What you need to do is enquire if the...
    24-09-2020, 23:30 PM
    by zywiec
    Thank You for Your reply
    It look like that there is possibility to buy out fee farm rent ( to be confirmed by conveyancing solicitor). Do You have any idea estimated cost of buying out grount rent ? 108f a year at this moment.
    What's is Your view on house with ground rent?
    Has it...
    24-09-2020, 22:40 PM
    by Gordon999
    You need to ask your conveyancing solicitor ( a local to the property) to explain how to understand and remove the fee farm rent ?

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles...ur-ground-rent
    24-09-2020, 20:52 PM
  • Reply to Charges on Land register query
    by Lawcruncher
    I think that is something that the conveyancer who acted on your purchase should explain....
    24-09-2020, 09:20 AM
  • Charges on Land register query
    by ZaraBUK
    Apologies in advance if this has been addressed previously I am a novice here so please do point me to the post.

I have applied for my first re-mortgage the legal team acting on behalf of the bank have told me that there is a "Lease dated 17 May 1926 to William Thomas Little for 99...
    20-09-2020, 12:06 PM
  • Reply to Pre-Registraton Deed Wording Any Advice?
    by Lawcruncher
    If your land is unregistered, when you sell part of land comprised in a conveyance you have to keep the conveyance or you will not be able show title to the land you retain. A "memorial" or " memorandum" of a conveyance or other document is a note endorsed on (or if there is no space...
    24-09-2020, 08:49 AM
  • Pre-Registraton Deed Wording Any Advice?
    by first timer 123
    Hi There,
    If you have two adjoining properties with a conveyance of land that state:
    ALL THAT messuage or dwellinghouse and garden with the rights easements and appurtenances
    thereto belonging situate at (removed address)

With regards to the appurtenances, are they shared?...
    13-09-2020, 18:45 PM
  • Reply to Pre-Registraton Deed Wording Any Advice?
    by first timer 123
    Just a quick follow up. When you say they have title do you mean they can claim adverse possession?
    if they have already been granted the rights in deed from years ago how could they now now claim its their land.
    Sorry if I am missing something it just confuses the heck out of me.
    24-09-2020, 00:35 AM
Working...
X