Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freehold purchasing costs

Freehold Purchase Conveyancing costs:

I had a number of quotes from £500 to £1500 + disimbursemtns and vat....
    What is the good price?

There is all in place company and structure. Thanks

Have you checked the freehold title and site plan are correct ? Both items can be purchased for £3 each by credit card and downloaded from Land Registry Online ?

Is your company buying the freehold title without mortgage ? What is the reason for such a large difference in price for the same work ?

I would choose a local law firm which has been established for a few years.

Comment

Hi, buying freehold with mortgage.
      All the same, but clearly some people value their more than others.

I have freehold title , will check the plan thanks for advice

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Purchase of freehold
        by Drewcole
        Thanks for the replies, so I've had a quick look online to. See how long the lease is on the other flat, she seems to have about 63yrs remaining so the cost to try a purchase the freehold myself is a no go.

I will write and request the insurance info and try and go down that route. Is there...
        11-08-2020, 07:12 AM
      • Purchase of freehold
        by Drewcole
        Hi All,

I own a 2 bed ground floor flat in a converted Victorian house (2 flats in total) that i have a long lease of 167yrs. I currently pay a ground rent of £160, a service charge of £400 and a insurance premium of £800!

I have spoken to the owner of the flat above and...
        10-08-2020, 15:16 PM
        by Gordon999
        It requires both flats in a building with 2 flats ) to participate in compulsory freehold purchase. See last sentence in section 2 in the free guide.

https://www.lease-advice.org/advice-...tting-started/

If the buildings insurance is £800 per flat, you are probably...
        10-08-2020, 18:00 PM
        by Anna1985
        I would check how long is downstairs lease.
        and then would run the estimated costs freehold on lease calculator.
        And go from there.
        10-08-2020, 17:52 PM
      • Reply to Documentation for renovations on share of freehold flat
        by Basecamp
        Thank you for your responses. We will consult w lawyer to have the Deed updated with the new floor plan....
        08-08-2020, 09:16 AM
      • Documentation for renovations on share of freehold flat
        by Basecamp
        We are a first floor flat, share of freehold with the ground floor flat. We both have a 999 year lease. In 2014 we did a loft conversion. We had a party wall agreement with the other share of freeholder flat, planning permission and it has all been signed off by building control. However, should we...
        06-08-2020, 10:45 AM
      • Buying house with sitting tenant
        by carolem
        Residential house for sale with tenant holding over. AST for 6 months granted by letting agents of current owner in November 2019. Since it expired tenant been holding over and paying rent etc. As a potential purchaser who wants to buy it as investment with tenant in situ are there any issues for me...
        07-08-2020, 13:20 PM
      • Reply to Buying house with sitting tenant
        by Section20z
        Be wary of such a recently let property being offered for sale as an investment.
        It's common practice to put a 'tenant' in at a nice return to make a sale (higher sale price).
        Check demand and comparable area rents carefully.
        07-08-2020, 16:49 PM
        by theartfullodger
        That vendr is selling with tenant may indicate he can;t evict (usually higher price/easier sale if vacant).

As tenant (yes tenant, what vendor or agent or solicitor state may be perhaps not trustworthy..) when they 1st moved in.

If early enough, regardless of any shiny new...
        07-08-2020, 14:00 PM
        by jpucng62
        Firstly this is not a 'Sitting Tenant' - that refers to a tenant protected under a regulated tenancy and is a very different kettle of fish! This tenant has a Periodic Tenancy.

Assuming they want to stay I would be looking to sign a new tenancy agreement on completion and issuing all new...
        07-08-2020, 13:27 PM
      Working...
      X