Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gordon999
    replied
    You can buy a copy of the property title and site plan from Land Registry Online for £3 each by credit card and download the information.

This information record , held by Land Registry , will show the property title number , property address, freehold or leasehold and name(s) of the current title holder. If it shows your name, then you know it is correct.

Leave a comment:

• royw
    replied
    When I registered some land 3 years ago LR didn't return the deeds, if I hadn't taken a copy they would have been lost forever. This may not always have been the case as I do have deeds for some other registered properties I've bought. Definitely worth asking about it but my understanding is that LR think their register is proof of ownership so deeds are no longer required.

Leave a comment:

• Lawcruncher
    replied
    Contact the solicitor and explain what has happened in the past. Tell him you want now the originals or copies of anything significant that might get lost or destroyed.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Sparkle
    started a topic Is this document sufficient?

Is this document sufficient?

In the past when I have needed deeds, the LR and my conveyancing solicitor have told me that they either lost the document or it was destroyed.. Thus causing additional stress while trying to sell property

Consequently, I was advised to always keep a copy of the deeds myself

Well having recently purchased/completed on a house, I contacted my conveyancing solicitor for a copy of the deeds.

However they have gotten back to me with a document entitled 'Completion of Registration'

The docuent appears to be a LR doc and it contains info such as the sellers solicitor, the titile number and owner

It is three pages long and I what i wanted to know is whether this is the deeds?

If not, should I put in another request for the document?

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X