Is this document sufficient?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this document sufficient?

In the past when I have needed deeds, the LR and my conveyancing solicitor have told me that they either lost the document or it was destroyed.. Thus causing additional stress while trying to sell property

Consequently, I was advised to always keep a copy of the deeds myself

Well having recently purchased/completed on a house, I contacted my conveyancing solicitor for a copy of the deeds.

However they have gotten back to me with a document entitled 'Completion of Registration'

The docuent appears to be a LR doc and it contains info such as the sellers solicitor, the titile number and owner

It is three pages long and I what i wanted to know is whether this is the deeds?

If not, should I put in another request for the document?

Contact the solicitor and explain what has happened in the past. Tell him you want now the originals or copies of anything significant that might get lost or destroyed.

Comment

When I registered some land 3 years ago LR didn't return the deeds, if I hadn't taken a copy they would have been lost forever. This may not always have been the case as I do have deeds for some other registered properties I've bought. Definitely worth asking about it but my understanding is that LR think their register is proof of ownership so deeds are no longer required.

Comment

You can buy a copy of the property title and site plan from Land Registry Online for £3 each by credit card and download the information.

This information record , held by Land Registry , will show the property title number , property address, freehold or leasehold and name(s) of the current title holder. If it shows your name, then you know it is correct.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• What questions to ask your conveyancer?
          ash72
          I know reading the documents will highlight some of the questions, but is there a standard checklist that you should ask your conveyancer?
          22-10-2019, 08:17 AM
        • Established use right outside demised lease? Help
          Bengt Lagander
          We are looking at a 2 floor freehold with a garden at back of house ground floor which has a long lease on 1st floor. The title plan of long lease clearly shows the demise is at 1st floor only. There is access to the 1st floor from the front.

However in reality there is a wooden external...
          19-10-2019, 09:35 AM
        • Reply to Established use right outside demised lease? Help
          Lawcruncher
          Whilst the title may may show that the garden is not included in the demise of the first floor, you need to look at the lease to see if any rights are granted over the garden. Such rights could be:

· An exclusive right to use the garden
          · A right to share use of the garden
          19-10-2019, 17:04 PM
        • Reply to Established use right outside demised lease? Help
          pilman
          Unless there is an easement referred to within the Lease then constant use of a right of way by a tenant cannot become legal when there is a common landlord of the two properties.

Someone will need to read through the whole of the lease to find out whether the current situation is lawful...
          19-10-2019, 16:35 PM
        • Fence on either side who own's which
          ash72
          Is there a golden rule, if the deeds to not specify, who owns and maintains the right or left hand side of the fencing? It's a mid terrace house, I always under the impression that the right hand side of the property was your's to maintain. I tried to look on an aerial view and there's five houses in...
          15-10-2019, 14:55 PM
        • Reply to Fence on either side who own's which
          pilman
          It may not seem right, but one end of a terrace will always have responsibility for the end fence or even both fences, unless the side fences erected to separate properties are shown to be party fences in a conveyance. Some of the older paper deeds did use an inward facing "T" to identify...
          17-10-2019, 12:39 PM
        • Boundary dispute
          Pilavas719
          Hello All,

Thanks for setting this forum up.
          I have been going through a boundary dispute since I moved into our current property a little background below:

We moved in on the 12th of July 2016 and the following day my next door neighbor tried to moved the fence 12...
          14-10-2019, 14:06 PM
        • Reply to Boundary dispute
          Pilavas719
          Thanks Lawcrancher, I have visited Jon Maynard's website I even had the pleasure of booking an hour consultation with him, he completely agreed that my neighbour was in the wrong. I have probably read everything online about boundary disputes already. I have come across this forum today and thought...
          14-10-2019, 16:04 PM
          Lawcruncher
          The following statements are usually true:

· If a house owner wants to build an extension and it would be handy if the neighbour's fence was in the wrong place and could be moved towards the neighbour, the fence is in the right place and the boundary follows the fence.

·
          14-10-2019, 15:56 PM
          Pilavas719
          A line drawn at the 50% mark on the title plan with no measurements has an accuracy of a meter, Since the title plan holds no ground to demarcate the boundary line render's it useless in my case. we are disputing 3.6 meter of land between our properties where I have 2.2m and my neighbour has 1.4m. ...
          14-10-2019, 15:54 PM
        Working...
        X