Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate contracts

Hello,
    Newbie here, hoping someone can help. we are buying a new house and have signed the contract but our solicitor has sent another copy asking us to sign, When we queried it we were told it was requested by the the builders' solicitor. Does anyone know if this is normal? Thanks, Peter

Have any words changed? Even one. If you do sign you should insist on dating per the original form (assuming the form is identical) and annotating your signature to say what happened. If they don't like it... well they can explain why they need it. A contract has a particular date.

Comment

Thanks Andrew, My solicitor is saying it is simply a duplicate and we were asked not to date the first one so that it could be dated at exchange. I'm wondering if they have made a mistake and are not admitting it.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Adverse Possession
        by Ricky G
        I acquired possession of a property 13 years ago. It was an ex council house that had been bought by the tenant. The neighbouring property was still a council property. Its tenant purchased that house 5 years ago.

Today I discovered that the fence in between the houses is a foot nearer...
        19-02-2020, 12:26 PM
      • Reply to Adverse Possession
        by Lawcruncher
        Unless the neighbour has queried the position of the fence I think that this is something you can quietly ignore.

The first point to be made when it is suggested that a fence may be in the wrong place is that determining the position of a legal boundary of a property to a matter of inches...
        19-02-2020, 18:23 PM
      • Reply to Adverse Possession
        by nukecad
        One foot?
        Is this a coursework question?

That's a fence positioning / boundary issue.
        By the time you have scaled up the boundayy line drawn on the deeds it will be at least that wide, and often wider if the boundary is drawn in a thick line.
        19-02-2020, 18:16 PM
      • Freehold to Leasehold
        by GriffR
        We're planning on purchasing a freehold block of 4 flats at auction which are currently on one title using a bridging loan initially. The lender wants an in-depth exit strategy which we hoped was going to be as simple as splitting the deeds into 4 leasehold units and obtaining a mortgage on each enabling...
        19-02-2020, 17:45 PM
      • proceed from joint owner property
        by tony2500
        I own a property jointly with my sister. Property is a rented property and im thinking of selling the property. My sister is fine with it as she does not deal with anything and its all my decision although she is a joint owner. My question is when it is being sold, is it possible for me to receive...
        14-02-2020, 10:56 AM
      • Reply to proceed from joint owner property
        by tony2500
        The reason is because I paid the deposit when we bought the house and we agreed that she pays me half deposit back but that didn’t happen. Circumstances changed and my sister was no longer interested in the property although her name is still on mortgage and title deeds.

it looks like...
        19-02-2020, 14:24 PM
        by AndrewDod
        You need to say why -

For CGT purposes you will each still be liable to CGT on 50%

Splitting the proceeds is a different matter (you are allowed to give gifts)

You could change the ownership split before you sell, but then you will pay CGT on that change - which...
        18-02-2020, 21:13 PM
        by tony2500
        I appreciate the detailed explanation of how cgt works. I want to be more specific, in my case I own half of property and my sister the other half on land registry documents as joint tenants (owners). So, when we sell it can we split proceeds on 90:10 basis in my favour. I pay mortgage and manage...
        18-02-2020, 20:49 PM
      • Sales Memorandum at Auction
        by Bengt Lagander
        Does a sales memorandum at Auction subject to standard Auction terms and Special Conditions amount to "exchange of contracts"

If not what does please? Thanks
        17-02-2020, 21:27 PM
      • Reply to Sales Memorandum at Auction
        by Lawcruncher
        The contract is made when the hammer falls. "A contract made in the course of a public auction" is one of the exceptions to the rule that a contract for the sale of land must be in writing. (Section 2(5)(b) Law of Property (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1989). A sales memorandum at an auction...
        17-02-2020, 22:31 PM
      Working...
      X