Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planning application - discharging conditions

Hi

I am purchasing a property which my solicitor is saying the sellers solicitors need to provide responses to her query regards the discharge of planning conditions on a 7 yr old planning application
    The planning application was for the whole block of several converted former farm buildings one of which is the property I am purchasing. The current owner (seller) purchased it direct from the developer 7yrs ago & the seller does not have any information re the discharge of conditions. All other buildings in the development are occupied ok & one even changed ownership about 5 months ago

My solicitor told me verbally it wasn’t her responsibility to find out if conditions had been discharged

The sellers solicitor is saying that the documents are not needed to her client (seller) this was reported to me as myself & the seller are daily conversation

Neither solicitor seems to wish to speak to each other direct & my solicitor it has been reported to me is slow at responding to the sellers solicitor & also she is very slow at responding to myself on several queries I have had & requests for updates
    The opening letter to me when I appointed her was that she was a trainee but overseen by someone more senior

I have suggested that the four of us all speak on the telephone via conference call to resolve & then solicitors can follow it up between themselves with paperwork where necessary

Any adivise would be appreciated

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Fee farm rent in " Freehold" house
    by zywiec
    Hello
    I made an offer on a 1 bed house which was accepted. I was sure it's freehold. Now I need to sign reservation agreement and found in document something like that.
    Charges Register
    This register contains any charges and other matters that affect the land.
    1 The land in...
    24-09-2020, 20:33 PM
  • Reply to Fee farm rent in " Freehold" house
    by Lawcruncher
    The wording only effected an equitable apportionment of the fee farm rent. It was binding between seller and buyer but did not bind the owner of the fee farm rent. In the absence of a legal apportionment each part of the land originally subject to the fee farm rent is liable to pay it. It would be interesting...
    27-09-2020, 08:31 AM
    by pilman
    The first words used in that clause confirm that the land sold off in 1935 was no longer liable to pay any part of the fee farm rent because the seller accepted full responsibility to pay all of the rent, because he was continuing to retain the remainder of the land that was subject to the fee farm...
    26-09-2020, 11:45 AM
    by Lawcruncher
    A fee farm rent is another name for a rentcharge. Despite the word "rent" appearing no tenancy is involved. The rent is also charged on other land. The intention back in 1935 was that the seller would continue to pay the whole of the charge.

What you need to do is enquire if the...
    24-09-2020, 23:30 PM
    by zywiec
    Thank You for Your reply
    It look like that there is possibility to buy out fee farm rent ( to be confirmed by conveyancing solicitor). Do You have any idea estimated cost of buying out grount rent ? 108f a year at this moment.
    What's is Your view on house with ground rent?
    Has it...
    24-09-2020, 22:40 PM
    by Gordon999
    You need to ask your conveyancing solicitor ( a local to the property) to explain how to understand and remove the fee farm rent ?

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles...ur-ground-rent
    24-09-2020, 20:52 PM
  • Reply to Charges on Land register query
    by Lawcruncher
    I think that is something that the conveyancer who acted on your purchase should explain....
    24-09-2020, 09:20 AM
  • Charges on Land register query
    by ZaraBUK
    Apologies in advance if this has been addressed previously I am a novice here so please do point me to the post.

I have applied for my first re-mortgage the legal team acting on behalf of the bank have told me that there is a "Lease dated 17 May 1926 to William Thomas Little for 99...
    20-09-2020, 12:06 PM
  • Reply to Pre-Registraton Deed Wording Any Advice?
    by Lawcruncher
    If your land is unregistered, when you sell part of land comprised in a conveyance you have to keep the conveyance or you will not be able show title to the land you retain. A "memorial" or " memorandum" of a conveyance or other document is a note endorsed on (or if there is no space...
    24-09-2020, 08:49 AM
  • Pre-Registraton Deed Wording Any Advice?
    by first timer 123
    Hi There,
    If you have two adjoining properties with a conveyance of land that state:
    ALL THAT messuage or dwellinghouse and garden with the rights easements and appurtenances
    thereto belonging situate at (removed address)

With regards to the appurtenances, are they shared?...
    13-09-2020, 18:45 PM
Working...
X