Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Address wrong on Land Registry Title. A little rant. and request for empathy.
    Logical.Lean
    We are buying a property built in 1847, with some interesting history, and are somewhat frustrated by the both our own solicitor and the vendor and their solicitor.

Since having our offer accepted, on a house with no chain, either end, it has been 16 weeks, but the last 4 weeks have been...
    06-08-2019, 18:50 PM
  • Reply to Address wrong on Land Registry Title. A little rant. and request for empathy.
    Logical.Lean
    So eventually I phoned the Estate agent and explain that I'm now being told by our solicitor that the vendors solicitor had put in this application, but I'd like proof, if that were possible.
    30 mins later she sent an email, which had an email.from.their solicitor saying it had been done on the...
    20-08-2019, 09:50 AM
  • Solicitors Negligence Question
    Freddie thumb
    I'm read these forums for a little while and just signed up to ask a quick question. I'm not sure if this is 8n 5he right place.

So I bought a property in 2008 and discovered that the Title to my property was defective in 2015. Basically there was a piece of land on the title of my property...
    12-08-2019, 08:40 AM
  • Reply to Solicitors Negligence Question
    Lawcruncher
    Are you saying that the Land Registry plan does not match the apparent boundaries of the land you occupy? If so, is the problem that you occupy land not shown as yours on the plan or that a neighbour occupies land shown as yours on the plan?
    16-08-2019, 09:46 AM
  • Missing Freeholder and Head Lease questions
    deb_hyp
    Hi,
    I'm hoping one of you lovely wise people will be able to offer advice.

I own a leasehold flat and the RTM Company (of which I am a director) would like to purchase the freehold. The flat is one of 5 in a converted building. I've tried everything I can to track down the freeholder...
    08-08-2019, 14:22 PM
  • Reply to Missing Freeholder and Head Lease questions
    Gordon999
    The Land Registry records for the freeholder title for your address , will show name of current title holder. You can visit the Land Registry Online website and buy and download a copy of the freehold title for £3 by credit card..

If the title holder is a company, you can visit Companies...
    12-08-2019, 07:31 AM
  • Reply to Missing Freeholder and Head Lease questions
    deb_hyp
    Thanks Gordon999.
    There have been no demands for ground rent since 1987, despite efforts to track down freeholder/lessee. The land registry has no records of the freeholder either. All we have is the one conveyance that shows the freehold was sold to a company in 1985, but the company has no records...
    11-08-2019, 16:54 PM
  • Reply to Address wrong on Land Registry Title. A little rant. and request for empathy.
    tatemono
    yeah... seems to me that this is best left until after you purchase. You are relying on someone else changing details on a deed that, had you not demanded changes, you would now hold title to and be able to make yourself.
    11-08-2019, 05:11 AM
  • Duplicate contracts
    happypete
    Hello,
    Newbie here, hoping someone can help. we are buying a new house and have signed the contract but our solicitor has sent another copy asking us to sign, When we queried it we were told it was requested by the the builders' solicitor. Does anyone know if this is normal? Thanks, Peter
    09-08-2019, 09:11 AM
  • Reply to Duplicate contracts
    happypete
    Thanks Andrew, My solicitor is saying it is simply a duplicate and we were asked not to date the first one so that it could be dated at exchange. I'm wondering if they have made a mistake and are not admitting it.
    09-08-2019, 15:33 PM
Working...
X