RQ Form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RQ Form

I've signed up to the free property alert service from the Land Registry as a step to protect my buy-to-lets against fraud but I don't know if I should also be sending in a RQ form as well. Does anyone have any experience of this please?

In case others have not done so here are the details for the property alert service.

The Property Alert is a FREE service from the Land Registry that’s been set up to help prevent property fraud. Over the last 5 years alone, the Land Registry have prevented over £66 million worth of property fraud transactions, and with the addition of this latest system, this figure is set to rise significantly.

https://www.todaysconveyancer.co.uk/…/land-registry-propert…

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/land-registry

Do consider it for your property and those in your family.

Hi Mpppen

You can register an RQ form for any property so long as you do not live there which is the case with BTLs.
    It is a good idea to do so and as I recollect there is no fee.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Freehold valuation
      Anna1985
      Trying to find somebody to carry out the freehold valuation.

So far no luck, any recommendations?
      Thanks
      11-07-2019, 13:58 PM
    • Reply to Freehold valuation
      Anna1985
      Thanks for advice. It is such a strange time...
      17-07-2019, 05:48 AM
      Macromia
      Unless the leases require the freeholder to maintain the building without allowing them to recover the costs from leaseholders, or the building is in such a poor state of repair that repair costs are likely to be deemed irrecoverable and thus fall on the freeholder, I doubt that the value of the freehold...
      17-07-2019, 00:12 AM
    • Resolution to trespass
      mystic08
      The owner of a house that backs onto a rental property of mine has replaced the fence but has taken about three feet of my garden. Immediately behind it he has straddled the correct boundary with a low brick wall topped with paving stones. It would be expensive for him to restore the fence to the correct...
      03-02-2019, 12:12 PM
      vmart
      Hi Anna

You could try searching for desktop valuations of freehold. This service would be adequate for valuation purposes though not suitable re condition which would require a site survey. Nevertheless, speak with a company offering desktop valuations and ask them if condition impacts...
      13-07-2019, 12:53 PM
      Anna1985
      Thank you for the advice. We basically know the price range of the freehold, it is more to validate it as an asset and to see if the value of it will be affected by actual state of the property.
      13-07-2019, 11:32 AM
      vmart
      May I ask why you need the valuation?

TRY THIS: telephone a solicitor that deals with enfranchisement (google 'enfranchisement solicitor' and put in your postcode). Call them and ask if they can recommend a surveyor specializing in valuing freeholds....
      12-07-2019, 17:06 PM
      Anna1985
      There are lots of people who do valuations. As soon as you mention freehold - we will come back to you and they are still coming back.

I'm really wondering if it is really worth to have it valued....
      12-07-2019, 15:14 PM
      vmart
      I am surprised but you will just have to google or check online directories for surveyors in your area. Sorry, I cannot be of more help but there are plenty of surveyors offering freehold valuations.
      12-07-2019, 11:13 AM
    • House has two leases, can I buy the freehold or head lease?!
      Emiden
      I am in an area of the country where the council retains the freehold on developments - ostensibly to avoid fragmentation of estates. My developer owned the head lease when I bought the property, and has since sold it to a leasehold management company. The head lease is a peppercorn rent to the council...
      09-07-2019, 09:10 AM
    Working...
    X