Dealing with BVD/Government Legal Dept and Treasury Solicitor - freehold reversion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealing with BVD/Government Legal Dept and Treasury Solicitor - freehold reversion

Could anyone share any experience or knowledge of the process and timeline of how quickly the treasury solicitor acts upon making an offer to sell freehold back to leaseholders after the original freeholder had his company dissolved (10 years ago)

There are only 2 leaseholders, one of which was the original freeholder. Both are 100% in agreement they want to buy back and share the freehold.

All relevant documents and valuations have been submitted to the treasury solicitor department a week ago now but no communication has been received back since (previously emails were generally responded to within the day)

Does the treasury solicitor instruct further solicitors? Or does he/they draw up their own offer? As it seems to be a straight forward and simple transaction, and the fact it is mentioned in BVC4 that they want to be as efficient as possible and keep costs to a minimum, it seems absurd we are hearing nothing.

Many thanks for thoughts

This appears to be a duplicate of https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...from-the-state

Comment

No. This is a separate and unique post. My comment on the above post you mention was because it was a similar situation. I apologise if I am not adhering to any rules I am not aware of.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Changing Percentage Split to a Tenancy in Common
        Steve Mac
        Some years ago I purchased a house with my then partner, who happens to be a Conveyancer. We agreed that we would be tenants in common with equal shares 50/50.
        Having recently split with my partner, I remain living at the property and my partner vacated, I was concerned that things may be going...
        19-09-2019, 07:29 AM
      • Reply to Changing Percentage Split to a Tenancy in Common
        Lawcruncher
        The problem here is that there was a TR1 (or possibly some other form of transfer) which the OP did not get to sign. When I was working the LR would not accept a transfer to joint proprietors unless they had signed it....
        19-09-2019, 10:39 AM
        AndrewDod
        There would really have to have been some document executed as a deed - either the TR1 itself signed by you as a deed, or a separate deed. If you say there was no deed or if you allege a deed is forged, then I imagine a court would determine on the facts (who paid the mortgage, declared taxable income,...
        19-09-2019, 10:00 AM
        Lawcruncher
        You will not be able to get the Land Registry to change the percentages as they have no power to do so - in fact they do not record how owners hold property. However, you can ask them why they registered the transfer if it was unsigned. As the transfer is unsigned you can argue that you are not bound...
        19-09-2019, 08:47 AM
      • Changing the split of tenants in common after paying stamp duty
        property_fix
        I am in the process of remortgaging my buy to let that's currently in my sole name - with my friend for us to be tenants in common. Initially with a low split (possibly 75/25) so I know we will need to pay stamp duty. However, over the next couple years she would like to increase her share.
        09-09-2019, 11:24 AM
      • Reply to Changing the split of tenants in common after paying stamp duty
        Gordon999
        What is the current value of the whole property for remortgaging ?

If the transfer of 25% share is valued below £40K , she may not be required to pay any sdlt.

What is your capital gain on a disposal of 25% share in the property ? You can claim the capital gains personal...
        15-09-2019, 21:39 PM
      • Is this document sufficient?
        Mr. Sparkle
        In the past when I have needed deeds, the LR and my conveyancing solicitor have told me that they either lost the document or it was destroyed.. Thus causing additional stress while trying to sell property

Consequently, I was advised to always keep a copy of the deeds myself
        15-09-2019, 09:52 AM
      • Reply to Is this document sufficient?
        royw
        When I registered some land 3 years ago LR didn't return the deeds, if I hadn't taken a copy they would have been lost forever. This may not always have been the case as I do have deeds for some other registered properties I've bought. Definitely worth asking about it but my understanding is that LR...
        15-09-2019, 20:20 PM
      • Reply to Is this document sufficient?
        Lawcruncher
        Contact the solicitor and explain what has happened in the past. Tell him you want now the originals or copies of anything significant that might get lost or destroyed.
        15-09-2019, 17:13 PM
      • Building service management as a Ltd co
        BryanArm
        We are a block of four flats that bought the freehold last year. I own one of the flats and took the responsibility to manage the building and have dropped the service fees from 10k to 7k because of how inefficient the previous service managers were.

i was asked by the neighbouring share...
        10-09-2019, 21:44 PM
      Working...
      X