X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bengt Lagander
    started a topic Lender Insolvent - Help

Lender Insolvent - Help

How do you remove a insolvent lender 1st legal charge registered at LR. The lebder is small limited company insolvent for 5 years. No staff. And no reply.

Any ideas?

• wfd_property
    replied
    The reality is that the assets of this insolvent lender (such assets including your house!) will have been transferred by the insolvency practitioner to another party. 5 years is a long time however. Have you _really_ not had contact or repayment requests in that period of time?

Or are you trying to see an opportunity because the charge details at Land Registry may not have been updated?

Leave a comment:

• Bengt Lagander
    replied
    I am.sorry but am not getting any value from your replies.

Have received lots of good input from this forum

If Im.in breach of a Forum rule please send a link to it.

Its a.reasoanble question /point and i think you are being unreasonable. and pedaantic.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewDod
    replied
    First it is the same scenario or a variant of it. So no it is a repeat. You are supposed to present your issue in totality not in tiny snippets in different threads.

This forum is based on folk presenting actual problems, not legal exam questions. It will help if you reword your posts: Tell us your story and the situation you are in.

But thanks for the sarcasm anyway. It works well here.

Leave a comment:

• Bengt Lagander
    replied
    Why not answer posts you can add to rather rhan those you cant.

NB this is not a repeat

Leave a comment:

• AndrewDod
    replied
    No idea, but why ask the same stuff twice. Merge with your other thread.

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Changing Percentage Split to a Tenancy in Common
    Steve Mac
    Some years ago I purchased a house with my then partner, who happens to be a Conveyancer. We agreed that we would be tenants in common with equal shares 50/50.
    Having recently split with my partner, I remain living at the property and my partner vacated, I was concerned that things may be going...
    19-09-2019, 07:29 AM
  • Reply to Changing Percentage Split to a Tenancy in Common
    Lawcruncher
    The problem here is that there was a TR1 (or possibly some other form of transfer) which the OP did not get to sign. When I was working the LR would not accept a transfer to joint proprietors unless they had signed it....
    19-09-2019, 10:39 AM
    AndrewDod
    There would really have to have been some document executed as a deed - either the TR1 itself signed by you as a deed, or a separate deed. If you say there was no deed or if you allege a deed is forged, then I imagine a court would determine on the facts (who paid the mortgage, declared taxable income,...
    19-09-2019, 10:00 AM
    Lawcruncher
    You will not be able to get the Land Registry to change the percentages as they have no power to do so - in fact they do not record how owners hold property. However, you can ask them why they registered the transfer if it was unsigned. As the transfer is unsigned you can argue that you are not bound...
    19-09-2019, 08:47 AM
  • Changing the split of tenants in common after paying stamp duty
    property_fix
    I am in the process of remortgaging my buy to let that's currently in my sole name - with my friend for us to be tenants in common. Initially with a low split (possibly 75/25) so I know we will need to pay stamp duty. However, over the next couple years she would like to increase her share.
    09-09-2019, 11:24 AM
  • Reply to Changing the split of tenants in common after paying stamp duty
    Gordon999
    What is the current value of the whole property for remortgaging ?

If the transfer of 25% share is valued below £40K , she may not be required to pay any sdlt.

What is your capital gain on a disposal of 25% share in the property ? You can claim the capital gains personal...
    15-09-2019, 21:39 PM
  • Is this document sufficient?
    Mr. Sparkle
    In the past when I have needed deeds, the LR and my conveyancing solicitor have told me that they either lost the document or it was destroyed.. Thus causing additional stress while trying to sell property

Consequently, I was advised to always keep a copy of the deeds myself
    15-09-2019, 09:52 AM
  • Reply to Is this document sufficient?
    royw
    When I registered some land 3 years ago LR didn't return the deeds, if I hadn't taken a copy they would have been lost forever. This may not always have been the case as I do have deeds for some other registered properties I've bought. Definitely worth asking about it but my understanding is that LR...
    15-09-2019, 20:20 PM
  • Reply to Is this document sufficient?
    Lawcruncher
    Contact the solicitor and explain what has happened in the past. Tell him you want now the originals or copies of anything significant that might get lost or destroyed.
    15-09-2019, 17:13 PM
  • Building service management as a Ltd co
    BryanArm
    We are a block of four flats that bought the freehold last year. I own one of the flats and took the responsibility to manage the building and have dropped the service fees from 10k to 7k because of how inefficient the previous service managers were.

i was asked by the neighbouring share...
    10-09-2019, 21:44 PM
Working...
X