Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removal of Pre-emption from Lease via Deed of Variation

Hi!

We are in the process of purchasing a flat which has been previously staircased to 100% by current owners. We have been informed by our solicitors that we cannot complete the purchase until the "pre-emption" provision is removed from lease by way of a Deed of Variation by current owners.This also will have to be registered in Land Registry against sellers title and the "B3 restriction" have to be removed.

This is all a jargon to me.. sorry.

My question is what is the process / timeline from start to completion of the removal, how long does it take on average ?

Thank you,
    Kind regards
    Mick

You have to ask the seller's solicitor on what is the shortest time possible to remove restriction. But you can also ring the Registration Team for the Land Registry Office serving your area and ask the same question and if any short cuts ?

Comment

Thank you Gordon999.

Sellers solicitors has indicated a minimum of 8 weeks before process begun, now an indication given is for 3-4 weeks depended on a Land Registry workload. I was hoping that maybe someone else went through a similar experience and could share the timeline of how long it took for Land Registry to complete the registration.

Thank you,
      Kind Regards
      Mick,

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Buying house with sitting tenant
        by theartfullodger
        That vendr is selling with tenant may indicate he can;t evict (usually higher price/easier sale if vacant).

As tenant (yes tenant, what vendor or agent or solicitor state may be perhaps not trustworthy..) when they 1st moved in.

If early enough, regardless of any shiny new...
        07-08-2020, 14:00 PM
      • Buying house with sitting tenant
        by carolem
        Residential house for sale with tenant holding over. AST for 6 months granted by letting agents of current owner in November 2019. Since it expired tenant been holding over and paying rent etc. As a potential purchaser who wants to buy it as investment with tenant in situ are there any issues for me...
        07-08-2020, 13:20 PM
      • Reply to Buying house with sitting tenant
        by jpucng62
        Firstly this is not a 'Sitting Tenant' - that refers to a tenant protected under a regulated tenancy and is a very different kettle of fish! This tenant has a Periodic Tenancy.

Assuming they want to stay I would be looking to sign a new tenancy agreement on completion and issuing all new...
        07-08-2020, 13:27 PM
      • Reply to Problems selling leashold flat
        by carolem
        Bit too late for you but always get a fixed price for abortive work. Most solicitors will oblige if they want your work.
        07-08-2020, 13:23 PM
      • Problems selling leashold flat
        by James54321
        Dear readers , could anyone please recommend me what shall I do now ?
        i was selling my leasehold flat to buy another freehold house with garden as I’m having 3 kids and I really wanted them to play in the garden. I accepted offer on my flat and same my offer being accepted for freehold house....
        02-08-2020, 14:35 PM
      • Reply to Documentation for renovations on share of freehold flat
        by Gordon999
        I think you should not ask the other freeholder to pay or share any costs for your loft conversion.

You should consult a solicitor with your lease and ask if any addition is required for including the loft
        06-08-2020, 20:58 PM
      • Documentation for renovations on share of freehold flat
        by Basecamp
        We are a first floor flat, share of freehold with the ground floor flat. We both have a 999 year lease. In 2014 we did a loft conversion. We had a party wall agreement with the other share of freeholder flat, planning permission and it has all been signed off by building control. However, should we...
        06-08-2020, 10:45 AM
      • Reply to Documentation for renovations on share of freehold flat
        by scot22
        Since it was all agreed with co Freeholder then I would think all that you might have to do is amend the deed if it needs amending.

It seems to me co Freeholder has been helpful without any benefit so I can't see any justification in expecting any contribution.
        06-08-2020, 16:29 PM
      • Reply to what is covenants modified ?
        by jpkeates
        This thread is more than 9 years old....
        06-08-2020, 10:55 AM
      • what is covenants modified ?
        by hollyhead
        on a title search I recently did it says..
        B: Proprietorship Register
        Title absolute
        1 (09.12.2003) owners....
        2 (09.12.2003) price paid...
        3 (09.12.2003) the covenants implied under part I of the law of property (miscellaneous provisions) act 1994 in the disposition...
        27-02-2011, 17:28 PM
      Working...
      X