Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probate Sale, No fittings and fixtures form

Hi,

I am buying a probate property. My solicitor has informed me that the seller(executor) is selling on sold as seen basis and hence, not completed any Fittings and Fixtures Form.

I am concerned that without a F&C Form, the seller is free to strip the house bare to claw every penny out from the estate as there is no contractual obligation. Also, there is no official inventory of the contents/fittings, so let’s say if the radiators / kitchen cabinets go missing between EoC and Completion, I cannot claim loss as it is not recorded in any conveyancing document that they are present currently.

How do I mitigate these risks? Talked to my solicitor and the initial advice is that this is typical in probate sale and the seller is unlikely to provide the TA10 or change Sold as Seen clause. The estate agent didn’t tell me at the time of viewing and making an offer about Sold As Seen.

All views, no replies. Please advise.

Comment

Never heard of it before last
      probate one I bought took forever but came
      with a fixtures and fitting list, are you completely fitting and refurbing it?
      Ask solicitor surely they have to fill it in they can’t take kitchens etc it’s only carpets blinds applicances really can’t see you wanting them anyway

Comment

Your solicitor is right that sold as seen is pretty much par for the course on a probate sale, especially if there is a professional executor. If sold as seen no fixture can be removed. The problem is not that there is no contractual obligation, but that there is no record of what the obligation extends to. In that respect the seller is equally vulnerable. Go and take a video if you are concerned.

Comment

Lawcruncher,

1. Is it still possible to negotiate with the seller to fill TA10? The executor can ask the estate agent to complete it to get an inventory of items. We got a fairly filled SPIF so someone on the seller side does have decent knowledge about the property.

2. If they refuse to fill TA10, what is the alternative way of recording? Can videos, pictures and property sale advert be considered as official and included as part of Contract?

3. You mentioned if sold as seen fixtures cannot be removed. Is this a mandatory requirement as long as it is recorded what fixtures are present?

Comment

Any more responses, please?

Comment

Have another viewing, video the house as it is.

Is there one item in particular you are concerned they may remove?

Is it a project or something to move tenants straight into?

The reality is, they will just want a quick sale in order to divy up the money.

Comment

Are you not doing a refurb anyway so does it matter, what do you think they will want to take

Comment

There is nothing specific but I am in general concerned that if there is no official record of fittings and fixtures, anything including the fixtures like radiators can be taken out. Since we are buying to move into right away after completion, don’t want any damage which could delay our move in and result in repair expenses.

Comment

Quicquid plantatur solo, solo cedit

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Freeholder won't give retrospective consent
                      jasoneden
                      Hi,
                      I was wondering whether I could get some advice on the following subject please?

I bought a leasehold flat eight years ago. At the time I just got a basic valuation done and no survey. When I purchased the flat, it had a set of french doors already built in the main bedroom....
                      07-12-2006, 16:35 PM
                    • Reply to Freeholder won't give retrospective consent
                      vmart
                      Hello all

This is my first post on Landlord Zone though I visit often. Very much enjoy Lawcruncher’s responses (and another chap – cannot think of his name: usually find him from his profile picture).

I would welcome answers to questions related to interpretation of one...
                      19-06-2018, 11:45 AM
                    • Reply to Freeholder won't give retrospective consent
                      wfd_property
                      Jeffrey Shaw is available for (paid for) telephone advice. Phone him on 0114 268 7638 and briefly explain the area you need a conversation about. He will then suggest an amount, give you bank details, you pay, you then have the in depth conversation, and then he will give a summary of the conversation...
                      19-06-2018, 11:17 AM
                    • Possessory indemnity
                      Mr Spibzi
                      I’m buying a house and it’s come up that it’s a possessory title with about 3 years left before it can become absolute. Is it likely that someone with a claim will come along and it will be given over to them?

Can you recommend an indemnity that will compensate me for the full...
                      13-06-2018, 21:24 PM
                    • Reply to Possessory indemnity
                      wfd_property
                      If its the whole plot, then consider a structural survey.

If he acquired this house by adverse possession it was possibly derelict before he started.

Expect a serious reduction for this (as well as him covering the indemnity insurance)
                      19-06-2018, 11:08 AM
                    • Car parking query
                      Patti
                      Our 12 flats are leasehold with each owning an equal share of freehold and an allocated car park space. Over the years, some owners have 'swapped' parking spaces (by private arrangement rather than officially). In addition, the original plans on the leases show an arrangement of spaces that is physically...
                      15-06-2018, 18:51 PM
                    • Reply to Car parking query
                      wfd_property
                      Sounds a nightmare. Will also involve mortgagee consent, and of course freeholder consent.

Is it really not possible to go back to the original plans?...
                      19-06-2018, 11:06 AM
                    • Adverse Possession- adjacent land- subj. to access
                      runninggirl
                      I have been in occupation of a unregistered parcel of land in which I fenced. If the land is adjoining other land occupied by my business, and I am using the land for sole (unless invited) access to my business, is that, as well as the fencing, a sign of adverse possession?
                      10-09-2008, 17:35 PM
                    • Reply to Adverse Possession- adjacent land- subj. to access
                      wfd_property
                      A ten year old thread..... so the clock did start (maybe) and 10 years have nearly passed........
                      19-06-2018, 11:04 AM
                    • Reply to Adverse Possession- adjacent land- subj. to access
                      Lawcruncher
                      Correct.

Not the case. The clock starts to run from the first moment of adverse possession....
                      16-06-2018, 21:54 PM
                    Working...
                    X