Notice of Transfer and charge for leasehold property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice of Transfer and charge for leasehold property

Hi I was wondering whether someone could assist me in answering the following. I have been gifted a flat and am going to the land registry office to transfer it next week. I know I have to transfer the ownership of the lease with the landlord but just wanted to know whether I have to use a solicitor for this or whether I can type my own. I have all the paperwork from when my son purchased the property and have a copy of the notice that was completed which I could use as a rough guide. Is it a legal requirement to use a conveyancer for this or has anyone been in a similar situation. Thank you in advance

You can in theory deal with both the freeholder and LR yourself - whether you have the skills to so do we couldn't comment.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Freehold transfer % question
      Kerbec
      I own one of 3 apartments in a building. the freehold of the property is owned / shared by the 3 apartment owners. One owner is selling his apartment and I have been asked by his conveyancer to sign the TR1 form to update the list of the freeholders. I noticed the buyer will have 2 names (presumably...
      10-06-2019, 03:21 AM
    • Reply to Freehold transfer % question
      Lawcruncher
      You're welcome.
      15-06-2019, 14:26 PM
      Kerbec
      great stuff. I had to read it a few times to understand it. thanks v much and really appreciate it....
      15-06-2019, 12:55 PM
      Lawcruncher
      When it comes to ownership of land by more than one person you have to distinguish two different things. One is the legal ownership and the other the equitable or beneficial ownership. In the case of registered land (and ignoring exceptions not relevant to this thread) the legal owners are the persons...
      14-06-2019, 20:51 PM
      Kerbec
      thank you so much for the detailed explanation. My neighbour(seller)'s solicitor has come back and said they would add additional clauses to section 10. While I am waiting for the revised TR1, just want to understand if what you put down in section 11 is absolutely necessary or just better/more complete...
      14-06-2019, 11:42 AM
      Kerbec
      Gordon999,

yeah I agree. when I received the TR1 form from the seller's conveyancer, I thought it looked a bit funny (suspect it was prepared by a junor staff). After watching a vid from the land registry regarding the TR1, I realised it might not have been correctly filled in so started...
      14-06-2019, 11:25 AM
      Lawcruncher
      The transfer is way off.

Each section should be completed as follows:

1. The title number of the freehold property

2. The description of the freehold property

3. -

4. The names of all the current freeholders i.e the registered proprietors...
      13-06-2019, 10:14 AM
      Gordon999
      I believe there should separate LR title numbers for one " leasehold title for sale flat" and one "freehold title for the entire building"

(a) The TR1 form for transfer of leasehold title shows name of " Transferor" ( seller) and "Transferee"(buyer...
      13-06-2019, 00:42 AM
      Kerbec
      thx. I will make this suggestion and see what they say.
      11-06-2019, 10:21 AM
      leaseholder64
      You could also suggest that only one of the buyers becomes party to the freehold.
      11-06-2019, 09:50 AM
    Working...
    X