Commercial/Business? Subtenant (myself) vs Bully Headlease eviction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commercial/Business? Subtenant (myself) vs Bully Headlease eviction

I'm currently experiencing a difficulty on whats the best choice, or even what to do. I've been a sub-tenant for nearly 8 years, the head lease (currently runs out in 2033) has notified me that I'm to leave the premises when his family sell there family home. I've had no notice of when to leave, nor do i have a written agreement in place, but i do have rent paid without fail to the tenant. As well as all utilities, council/business tax and safety certificates in my name (with proof). Also the landlord has no clue that I've been in the premises, as it the local council. Over the last few months there have been some issues arising over the business as the tenant relations have a similar business about 1 mile away from mine. The tenant believes that I'm trying to steal there business, therefore resulting in the tenant increasing the rent to nearly triple. I've managed to maintain civil with the tenant, but has been adamant from day 1 that its my problem, to keep the premises to standards. When the tenant told me about the triple rent, tenant also told me that im not to fix or modernize the premises. The tenant, is also of non-residency of the UK, which makes communication even more difficult. I've had to notify the local council due to drainage problems of which environmental has already visited me to let me know of a problem. This then lead to a heated conversation with a member of the property service at the council refusing to give any more information as it seem I'm not the tenant (seems i shot myself in the foot, as i've never had a issue where the council sorting problems out) and can not give any information regarding the premises. I then took some legal advice of which seems nothing more then, i cant do much but just stay there and wait to be kicked out and receive compensation maybe. This gets even more messy, as the tenant's relation has been claiming and shooting their mouth off, that the premises belongs to their family and they're taking it back, the family themselves have a had a lot of problem within the area and are not very well liked. To this, its causing even more issues with me to the point of the tenant threatening me, on to not be clever and do something about this. I reminded the tenant as well, I took the shop over when it was shut for months and you begged for me to have it. Ive been careful throughout the nearly 8 years to maintain this business. improve and the custom. Especially to such a small rough community, that there's much respect shown more to myself, then the tenant and the family, who have been there for such a longer time. So, i'm now at a stand still on what to do? where to go? who to ask for help? This is really a messy situation and as brief as i could be, without having to write pages. Any help or information is so greatly thankful in advance.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X