Commercial tenancy agreement or Lease?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commercial tenancy agreement or Lease?

We have a building and land amongst residential buildings that we have been running our own business in for many years. We closed our business a year ago now and would like to rent out the building for a similar business to continue (workshop and meeting venue). Is there an off the shelf tenancy agreement or lease that would suit the job. I think a standard contract like the ones we use for residential tenancies would suit. Is there such a thing or does one have to involve a solicitor to draw up a contract. We would like to retain control over the building's future, i.e. to be able to redevelop it in about 3/4 years.

If you wish to redevelop it would probably be best to get a solicitor involved anyway so that whatever lease you grant can be contracted outside the 1954 act security provisions so that T does not have automatic rights of renewal. If you did a DIY you would almost certainly not have this luxury as it is quite complex and requires a statutory declaration to be signed.
    [I]The opinions I give are simply my opinions and interpretations of what I have learnt, in numerous years as a property professional, I would not rely upon them without consulting with a paid advisor and providing them with all the relevant facts[I]

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X