Electricity Meter standing Charge?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electricity Meter standing Charge?

If anyone can help as I am totally baffled. In a commercial property my tenant has left and I have received a bill for the standing charge for the electricity meter. There is no electricity connected but there is a standing charge of £90 per month for the meter. I have never signed a contract with this company so am I responsible for the charges ?

Thanks in advance,

Propman

Hi,

I'm interested to know if you resolved this? I have a similar situation and looking for advice.

Thanks in advance of any reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Propman View Post
      If anyone can help as I am totally baffled. In a commercial property my tenant has left and I have received a bill for the standing charge for the electricity meter. There is no electricity connected but there is a standing charge of £90 per month for the meter. I have never signed a contract with this company so am I responsible for the charges?
      How come there's a meter but no mains supply connected to it?
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

key point! We make a standing charge for the meter but there is electricity supplied!
        Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X