Limits on timescale for requesting repairations after end of comercial lease ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limits on timescale for requesting repairations after end of comercial lease ?

Hi, just looking for a little advice if I may ?
    The lease for a commercial unit I rented ended on 30th April 2021. I requested some idea of the work the landlord wanted me to carry out to return the unit to a reasonable state to hand back, he never responded. At the start of the lease, I removed a seperate office and raised area from the unit to make it more useful for my purposes, I gained the landlords written permission to carry out the alteration. Once I had vacated the unit, I recieved an email from my landlord (7th May 2021) to notify me of his intention to seek legal advice about reinstating the office and raised area, as he stated the alterations had been done without his permission, I awaited his decision. The next email i recieved from my landlord arrived on the 22 Nov 2021,with a list of jobs he wanted doing to the unit to enable a new tenant to move in on the 2 Jan 2022. The email also states that if I don't agree to carry out the work by the 31st Dec 2021, he will take action to recover the cost of reinstating the office and raised area, even though the email starts with the the folowing 'I have decided not to take action regarding the removal of the stairs, top office room and ground floor office'.

My question is, am I obliged to carry out the work, or liable for the cost of such work, even though 7 months have passed since the lease ended ?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

You should take legal advice but I think far too long has gone by for your landlord to be successful

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X