Deposit Retrieval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deposit Retrieval

So I have had to send of a solicitors letter to my previous landlords, for failing to repay my deposit, they had been given almost three months and I had threatened them with this.

The legal action at this stage is going to cost iro £450.

Are there steps that can be taken to retrieve that?

I’m a small business, and I paid my rent every month on time, I returned the property as stated in the agreement and the deposit return was agreed upon by the Landlord - {Name removed}

I have reported them to Watchdog and left poor reviews wherever I could, in the least hoping it could annoy them.

Is there anything more I can actually do?

Naming and shaming is not allowed here, it's not your choice what legal action you potentially expose LLZ to.
    I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

Originally posted by Moderator2 View Post
      Naming and shaming is not allowed here, it's not your choice what legal action you potentially expose LLZ to.
      Not my intention, name of the company was provided as part of the context.

{Hint to company name removed} - refusing to repay a deposit to a sole-trader small business.

Comment

It often isn't the case that people intend to expose LLZ to potential legal action when they post 'naming and shaming' threads, they often don't even realise the risks to themselves. In the past legal action has been taken against forum members, more than once, and it was very costly for those members and LLZ.

LLZ does not have the resources to verify or support threads such as this, and there have been plenty of occasions where the thread is contrived by a competing company to discredit.

Providing strong hints to the identity of the company or person can leave you just as liable as if you provide the name, if a judge can work out who it is you are talking about. This will also often lead to others joining in the thread to post their complaints, which again may sometimes be contrived.

Lastly, LLZ are legally obliged to provide information which may lead to the identity of the OP when demanded.
        I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

Glad you’ve completely removed the topic and context of my original ask from this thread. Thanks for all the help, chocolate teapot.

Comment

what you could do is launch proceedings in the county court for return of your deposit and your costs in the claim. Moneyclaim on line. Pretty straightforward

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Shop Change of Use
              by gainsay
              Hi Folks,
              I have an empty shop . Someone privately has expressed an interest in in opening a dog grooming parlour for which (I believe) a change of use to sui generis would be required. At present it is A1.
              My question is who should pay for and then apply for planning permission? Should...
              25-05-2022, 11:12 AM
            • Reply to Shop Change of Use
              by Section20z
              In England class A was abolished in September 2020 and replaced by Class E.
              A dog grooming parlour would not require change of use...
              25-05-2022, 15:47 PM
            • Reply to Shop Change of Use
              by Lawcruncher
              The usual way to deal with this is to enter into an agreement for lease completion of which is conditional on the required planning permission being obtained within an agreed period. The terms will be subject to negotiation, but generally it will be the tenant who (under an obligation to the landlord)...
              25-05-2022, 14:39 PM
            • Reply to lease by reference
              by barcobird
              Thank you, your advice is much appreciated.
              25-05-2022, 09:40 AM
            • lease by reference
              by barcobird
              I have been leasing a commercial property to a very good tenant, his lease has ended and i wish to renew it with a form renew a lease by reference which I believe is the simplest and cheapest way of doing it. Can this form be downloaded from the internet or is it a solicitor job?...
              24-05-2022, 18:14 PM
            • Reply to lease by reference
              by Lawcruncher
              Like a lot of legal drafting, a lease by reference is straightforward if the case is straightforward and you know what you are doing. There are points to watch and traps for the unwary.

Ideally, on a "renewal" the opportunity should be taken to review the terms of the lease to...
              25-05-2022, 06:59 AM
            • Residential unit built into commercial premises without permission
              by Shireman
              I am co-owner of a freehold building consisting of a residential flat
              upstairs and commercial premises downstairs. It is in a terrace of
              identical residential/commercial units. The upstairs flat is currently
              occupied by the other co-owner, while the shop is rented out and is used...
              22-05-2022, 14:08 PM
            • Reply to Residential unit built into commercial premises without permission
              by flyingfreehold
              Yes if you have knowledge of a breach of planning you are culpable. Therefore what I syggest you do is write to the tenant and require that he applies for a certificate of lawful use from the planning authority - which is not terribly likely to be granted. With a bit of luck the local authority will...
              22-05-2022, 20:16 PM
            • Reply to Mediation or Court?
              by artin
              There is the limited company name, company registration and the director who signed the lease, all same to present no changes. These are required by law. The director only has this limited company and it's not part of group and there is no trading as.
              I don't understand why people complicate things...
              22-05-2022, 09:03 AM
            • Reply to Online Commercial Advertising
              by Section20z
              Just had good result letting a shop on Gumtree and I think they charge £15.99 so might be worth a try. (not a recommendation, just my experience, things may well be different in other parts of the country)
              22-05-2022, 08:37 AM
            Working...
            X