Car Parking Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Parking Problem

I currently have some retail shops which has a car park in front which I own. At the rear of the shops is an access lane that I own which leads on to a road. Where the lane joins the road there is a business, unconnected with my shops, which purports to be an MOT centre. The access lane has two parking spaces at the end which I have allowed one of my tenants to use for van parking in order to keep car park spaces on the front car park clear for customers. The MOT place has apparently parked 2 cars of its customers (so they claim) on these two car park spaces. I have asked them to remove the cars but nothing has happened and they keep claiming they can't contact the car owners. I don't believe that people book a car in for an MOT and leave it for weeks or that they took in cars without the owners' contact details. I need these spaces back. Does anyone know of any simple way to remove them? I've been told that I can't just tow them and leave them in the road.

I have not experienced this problem before but my advice would be (if you are entirely sure of your ownership of the land I.e. you hold the title for the land) to call a tow company.
    A towing company will be happy to take the car off your property since they'll be able to charge the owner to get it back.

This is however not a subtle thing to do, and ultimately it would be the car owners responsibility, not the garage.

Have something to hand so once the cars are towed you can stop them from trespassing upon the space/s again.

Happy to give advice if you’re uncertain of your land ownership.

Comment

We own a private road off a residential street and had a problem with people parking there, compromising the access. We employed a parking scheme which put up signs and then issued fines to anyone parking without a permit. There is no cost involved as they make their money from the fines. It has solved our problem

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X