sublet /sub lease without consent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sublet /sub lease without consent

Good morning everyone, Thank you very much in advance for your advice. My tenate sublet my shop without my consent when I ask him he said he is working for him, but the neighbour said he is lying that it was the same man he brought to me earlier to transfer leases to ( the man did not agree with my term and conditions). My tenant travel with his HP residents permit every three month to his country (Refuge status) which he not suppose to do.The point now is how can I prove that he sublet the shop. Can I ask him to prove himself by asking for statement of his tax document also if his employe as he call them are self employed statement of theirs as well and statement of account showing they are being pay by him .or please advice me. I just find out that last month they make an application for new digital display signal board to council without my consent, some part of front roof changed, without my consent also upstairs be renovating without telling me the are going to do it. Please what can I do.

I had this with my tenant. He wanted to move on and found a person who wanted to take the lease on by way of assignment.
    The trouble is that when they want to do it, they want to do it NOW.
    Whilst the three solicitors involved were in discussions at £200 an hour each, (My solicitor, my tenants solicitor, the propose assignees solicitor) weeks had gone past and the £500 deposit the proposed assignee has paid had been used up in the first two letters my solicitor had sent out.
    Anyway my tenant gave the keys to the proposed assignee and walked away.
    I had to become a Private Detective to find out what was happening, The rent payment into my bank had changed. I rang the Council Tax People and they confirmed to me (as owner) that the Commercial Rates had been put into somonelses name.
    I sent someone into the shop to buy something and obtained a Vat Receipt, the Vat number allows you to find out the registered person.
    With my lease as normal Commercial Leases the Tenant is charged Insurance and if it is not paid "immediately" you can send the bailiffs in.
    One mistake I made I should have had an Electrical Safety check done. With your premises I would have one doen now and any repairs or improvements to bring the premises up to the legal requirements are charged to the tenant.
    In my lease the solicitor had put that if I needed to have a Schedule Of Dilapidations done the tenant "had" to pay for it. A quote I had was for £2000 which had I had it done the tenant would have been obliged to pay.
    I would consult a solicitor about serving a Notice to Quit.

Good Luck
    PS. I dont think my tenant had even read the lease. He said once, "You know I don't understand written english"

Comment

Thank you very much, Always Problems. I did some investigations and find out that the business has now registered in another person name with property address. My council said disclosing person register for business rate is confidentiality and I have wrote to them waiting for reply. Please is there any thing else I can do

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X